"live from the tree" bubba and jt from southern il

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Well maybe!

For those that haven't been following along, this year bubbabuck and I made a drastic step and with his financial help and my goofiness I am now living in IL and gary will be here (along with a buch of others) a bunch of the time.

The drawback is that there is a problem with the local cell tower that might make the "live from the tree" that we all know and love not quite so live :p

All that being said...here we go folks!

Gary should be busting into KY right now and about 4 hours out. Tomorrow is opening morning and if the creek don't overflow then we will be on stand before first light.

Gary will be here only till sunday eve so its a short one.

I am doing the same thing I've done every eve for the last 10 or so days...sitting on a field watching deer movements and hoping to pattern a beast. So far this eve I've seen 15 or so does and a couple of lil bucks. My hopes are high though cause last week I saw a fine tall 8pt shooter buck here. The last 2 eves I saw a 160+" 10 and a 130" 10, but those are better evening stands than mornings.

Not sure where we will be in the morn yet, but with most of the corn already cut and the beans being cut, we are looking for heavy woods with acorns.

Weather is ok @ mid 40s in morning and 70s in eve. If it drops to the 30s by sunday like predicted life will be good!

As most of you know these threads can get hectic and some can be slow...either way I will update as often as possible

Later folks

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Good to know ya`ll are with us, JT. Look forward to ya`lls adventures!

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Thx nico...with the cellular issues it will be much tougher than years past but ill do what I can. Now shhhhhhh I'm looking at deer! :p

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Thx nico...with the cellular issues it will be much tougher than years past but ill do what I can. Now shhhhhhh I'm looking at deer! :p

We got to remember to whisper! :D

BornToHuntAndFish

This Is Way Too Cool & Rocking Already!!!

I am doing the same thing I've done every eve for the last 10 or so days...sitting on a field watching deer movements and hoping to pattern a beast. So far this eve I've seen 15 or so does and a couple of lil bucks. My hopes are high though cause last week I saw a fine tall 8pt shooter buck here. The last 2 eves I saw a 160+" 10 and a 130" 10, but those are better evening stands than mornings.

Wow, just seeing this thread already made my heart jump since I was not expecting it until tomorrow. What do you mean "17 deer already", when many of us Georgia folks that's like seeing a whole hunting season in one sitting on a deer stand, or even more than one GA season.:bounce:

Thanks for starting the heart pounding action early.:cool:

Good luck tomorrow JT & BB.:cheers:

Attachments

• Deer Running Animated.gif
    Deer Running Animated.gif
    27.4 KB · Views: 3,602
  • Archery Shot Animated.gif
    Archery Shot Animated.gif
    8.1 KB · Views: 3,599

QTurn

We'll expect to at least see pictures taken during the hunt when we get home in the evenings!! You do have internet at the house, right?

Good luck tomorrow!

kevincox

JT, the pressures on you guys. lol UltraMag and Whithunter put up some big numbers in Kansas:D Going to be tough to match with them stick and strings:bounce:

Gut_Pile

Good luck in the morning guys! Will be checking in as much as possible!

j_seph

Good luck and looking forward as usual

ultramag

Good luck JT and Bubba..we will be following along..Trying to get all of the cameras pulled and doing a little work for the landowner and getting packed up..should be heading home Saturday morning...I hope yall kill monsters!!!:cool::cool:
Ultramag

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
No internet @ the house with any regularity either! Works best after dark!

Gary is here and we have him unpacked. We have poured over the maps and set the coffemaker for 4am...

Come on!

RUTTNBUCK

Gone But Not Forgotten
Good luck in the Morning!!:cool:

mauser64

Nothing like opening day in the mid west! Spent a few in Kansas myself. Good luck!

QTurn

Get after 'em guys!!

Good luck....

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
I found a signal! The far SW corner of the farm has a hair of service!!!

Ok folks, this is it. Opening day of the IL deer season. We are finally settled in and ready to hunt. Gary is the shooter this morn and ima filming. We are in a camera setup with my lockon above his.

We are in a thick woodlot on the with a willow thicket @ our backs and a massive field of standing corn past that. This lot is normally flooded but since we haven't had rain for a month or so its bone dry. On the far side of this woodlot is cut corn.

Its warm @ 56 and the wind is about 10 or so from the north. So yeah the thermocell is @ ready!

Already had deer under us just before light.

Will check in as I can

Later

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
I found a signal! The far SW corner of the farm has a hair of service!!!

Ok folks, this is it. Opening day of the IL deer season. We are finally settled in and ready to hunt. Gary is the shooter this morn and ima filming. We are in a camera setup with my lockon above his.

We are in a thick woodlot on the with a willow thicket @ our backs and a massive field of standing corn past that. This lot is normally flooded but since we haven't had rain for a month or so its bone dry. On the far side of this woodlot is cut corn.

Its warm @ 56 and the wind is about 10 or so from the north. So yeah the thermocell is @ ready!

Already had deer under us just before light.

Will check in as I can

Later