Living in contradiction

Thread starter #1

Israel

more to follow.

Thread starter #5

Israel

following

gordon 2

I opened my biblegate this morning contemplating your topic or the subject contradiction.

"Dear friends, I am not writing you a new command but an old one, which you have had since the beginning. This old command is the message you have heard. 8 Yet I am writing you a new command; its truth is seen in him and in you, because the darkness is passing and the true light is already shining.

9 Anyone who claims to be in the light but hates a brother or sister[b] is still in the darkness. 10 Anyone who loves their brother and sister[c] lives in the light, and there is nothing in them to make them stumble. 11 But anyone who hates a brother or sister is in the darkness and walks around in the darkness. They do not know where they are going, because the darkness has blinded them."

It would seem that love covers a multitude of sins, and hate might blind. So if one was to be healed of greatest blindness and so live with love the prize of life, and so the prize of existence, would be such love and so this very life itself in love and NOT so much the greener pastures of another life to come due to the worry that a man's appointed time is one hundred and twenty.

This seems to be an area with gray area... nevertheless my hope is that you will live your best life again today. :)

PS. So the prize of Christianity is not the reward of life after death which patiently salves many sins now, which makes sacrifice a noble man's work, but rather the prize is a life in love now. Therefore the argument that Christian beliefs are as a poultice for the anxiety of the grave is false.

It is a gray area that treads like yours, or my reply, might not be independent of treads not yours, not mine, not here or here and there--- even of totally different forums.

Last edited:

gordon 2

...remember that at that time you were separate from Christ, alienated from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers to the covenants of the promise, without hope and without God in the world.

"But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far away have been brought near through the blood of Christ. 14For He Himself is our peace, who has made the two one and has torn down the dividing wall of hostility 15by abolishing in His flesh the law of commandments and decrees.

He did this to create in Himself one new man out of the two, thus making peace and reconciling both of them to God in one body through the cross, by which He extinguished their hostility.

He came and preached peace to you who were far away and peace to those who were near. 18For through Him we both have access to the Father by one Spirit. 19Therefore you are no longer strangers and foreigners, but fellow citizens with the saints and members of God’s household,