Looking for a local source for home grown honey.

GeauxLSU

A noted biologist (of somewhat dubious character :bounce: ) recently reminded me of something I believe I heard a while back, ....that locally grown honey, if consumed year round, can help releave allergy symptoms.
Does anyone have a source for some in the Gwinnett area?
TIA
Hunt/fish safely,
Phil

Dustin Pate

Administrator
Staff member
Check the following page out it has info to beekeepers from all over the state. I get mine from Wally Batchelor from Newnan. Have never been disappointed. His is some of the best honey around. I don't know if he can ship it but I'm sure you could work something out. If not I'm sure the others can fix you up as well. Hope this helps!

Georgia Beekeepers

bubbabuck

Live From The Tree
You'd have to ask HT2 , but I think there is a HOOTERS on JC BLVD.......Oh you mean ???....Never mind !!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Skipper

Banned
Another place to check would be the extension service office. I'd almost guarantee the extension agent (not 4H or F$H) knows who has bees and honey. I also wouldn't be surprised if a Farm Bureau Agent could hook you up.

Skipper

DoDahDaze

Another one

Weeks Works
325 Roy Haynes Drive
Ball Ground, GA 30107

the HEED!

Banned
Could raise some...

and have it at your back door. My brother's neighbor does and said its pretty simple and hes' feeding them cherry flavored koolaid kinda experimenting to see if it will flavor up. Ever heard of that actually working?

ryano

Banned
GeauxLSU said:
A noted biologist (of somewhat dubious character :bounce: ) recently reminded me of something I believe I heard a while back, ....that locally grown honey, if consumed year round, can help releave allergy symptoms.
Does anyone have a source for some in the Gwinnett area?
TIA
Hunt/fish safely,
Phil

Phil, I dont know about the Gwinnett area but like DoDahDaze mentioned below

Weeks Works
325 Roy Haynes Drive
Ball Ground, GA 30107

BJ Weeks is a great guy and has some wonderful honey as well.....Im sure he wouldnt mind shipping for a minimal cost....

He teaches beekeeping at the technical college I work for........I will try to look up his phone number if your interested, just send me a PM

if ya call him, tell him Ryan from Appalachian Tech sent ya :)