Looking for a well managed deer lease or land for 2022 around early county

7 point

Contact wil mcrae at legacy wildlife.

7 point

Did you contact legacy wildlife? They have leases all over the south I'm sure wil could find you something.

7 point

Who did you speak with just curious.

7 point

If anyone will know it will be him . Man I was in the same boat a couple years ago it's hard to find a well managed lease any more and getting harder.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
A well managed property takes lots of labor and money. Probably why there aren't many around. I've managed a hunt club since 1975. The hardest thing to accomplish is to get members to join in on any work. It's usually two to four doing all the work. Plus the expense of plots, fuel etc usually comes from those few. Most have good excuses for not being able to make it to the property off season. Those excuses disappear when deer season opens. That's the facts folks.

bloechl

A well managed property takes lots of labor and money. Probably why there aren't many around. I've managed a hunt club since 1975. The hardest thing to accomplish is to get members to join in on any work. It's usually two to four doing all the work. Plus the expense of plots, fuel etc usually comes from those few. Most have good excuses for not being able to make it to the property off season. Those excuses disappear when deer season opens. That's the facts folks.
That’s what kind of lease we want; do you have any openings

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
That’s what kind of lease we want; do you have any openings
Sorry, none. Even those who held out for a trophy buck and didn't get one or two, wont leave. Because they've seen good bucks, or their camera has seen em.
More clubs need to manage year round, it pays off.

Attachments

• Pineywoodsbuck.jpg
    Pineywoodsbuck.jpg
    698.3 KB · Views: 59

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Our property doesn't have as many deer as it once had. 35 years ago, when first leased the entire area around us for miles and miles was wooded. Now most of the land around us is pasture or crop farms. That's why we limit our take and have a club limit of two does, two bucks. This works very well and has for several years now. About half the ten members don't take any does. All it will take to ruin what we have left, would be for a club to lease next to us with no limit on deer or members. That happened a few years back, when they couldn't see deer they left. Took three years before we saw the numbers come back., And one year nobody shot a deer. We all agreed not to shoot anything we wouldn't mount that year. It's a shame, good management can be ruined by neighbors if they don't have management in mind. We already know, some who hunt the farm fields shoot whatever they see, that hurts some. And there are always some who think they have to get the limit of 12. Y'all wish us luck in remaining in good shape for many more years. Keep your plots in good shape.

Attachments

• BigBar.jpg
    BigBar.jpg
    434.6 KB · Views: 25