Looking for Lease or Club for 2020 - North or Middle GA

eavega

Lets try this again -
So my friend who owns the land I've hunted on for the last 5 years or so is moving out of GA, and as such is selling his land. End result is that I need to find a new place to hunt going forward. I live in Forsyth County and am willing/able to drive up to two hours. I only hunt deer right now (prefer gun, but would also hunt bow, and I might get a muzzle-loader this year), and right now its just me and my 13 year old daughter that would hunt. If there is room at a club, my hunting buddy (also hunts on my friends land) is also looking. I don't really care about shooting Booners, but I don't shoot spikes or button bucks, and I don't shoot does until after November (but I will shoot them if its allowed by rules). I primarily hunt for the meat so I limit my household (i.e. my daughter and I ) to 3 deer a year as I don't have freezer room for more. I'm all about kicking in and helping maintain a property throughout the year and on my last property I've done everything from hang stands and check game cams to plan and plant food plots and set up bedding areas.
I don't currently turkey hunt, but would try it out if its allowed (and if I had someone to show me the ropes). I'd also be happy to hunt hog. I don't do any other hunting, but would be willing to try especially if I'm paying for an annual club or lease.

I do have a reasonable budget for this, but I am not made of money. I would have no problem with clubs/leases that would keep it under $1000 for the year, but more than that I would have to have a very compelling argument for my wife! I don't currently have a camper but if you have accommodations for campers, I'd likely acquire one. Meantime I would either tent camp or just drive in and out for the day. I am not a big drinker, but I am not opposed to an adult beverage or two around the campfire at the end of the day (I do brew my own beer and typically will bring enough homebrew to share when I do a multi-day hunt)

Anyway, after all of that, if you have any further questions or have any leads I can look into, please feel free to PM me or reply to this thread. Thanks for your time.

-Eric