Looks Like a Storm

Redbow

Is coming for the Southeast Coast early next week so the weather channel says if things hold together like they are seeing it now. A pretty big blow and heavy rain headed our way. We need the rain badly but I hate the clean up around here after a big blow moves through.

Our beaches here suffered badly during Ian the high tide comes up now all the way to the sand dunes in many areas leaving no beach at all until the tide recedes. Before Ian the beaches were pretty wide but not now. The Wife and I went over to a friends Ocean front home a few days ago for a visit he and another man were going surf fishing but they had to wait until the tide went out a bit to have any beach at all to fish from. And they didn't catch but a handful of very small fish. Last week was a bummer and this week has been quite a bummer here for fishing. Maybe after the storm things will pick up with some fish moving in, if there are any fish left to move in anymore.

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
Nature has been moving it's beaches around a bit once again. It's been going on for eons and it won't stop just because some folks want to live too close to them.

Baroque Brass

The latest is something about “forever chemicals” commonly used as water repellents, that are used in pet food bags to keep oil from the food from staining the outside of the bag. The chemicals COULD leach into the food and your dog COULD become sick and die. The headline made it sound like the chemicals were used in the manufacture of the food.

Last edited:

Lukikus2

Two lows colliding in the Atlantic with a cold front approaching from the west. Anyone remember that scenario? I think the Mets are holding their breath on this one.

Redbow

Looks like most of the good rain we were suppose to get and need badly from the storm has been taken out. We will see how it goes about the middle of next week.

oldfella1962

Looks like most of the good rain we were suppose to get and need badly from the storm has been taken out. We will see how it goes about the middle of next week.

I just looked at a weather radar map and there's a straight unbroken line of rain from southern Texas to northern Michigan! Bad tornados hit last night it seems too. :(

Redbow

I just looked at a weather radar map and there's a straight unbroken line of rain from southern Texas to northern Michigan! Bad tornados hit last night it seems too. :(
Yeah there was some bad weather from that line of storms, but I was talking about the storm in the Caribbean that was suppose to come this way next week with lots of rain. That line of storms from the west won't effect us very much here according to the weather reports for our area.

Redbow

Hurricane or not we need the rain. We have not had any measurable rainfall since Ian. Its dry as a bone here wish we could get 7 inches of rain from this system like we did from Ian.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Looking forward to the rain this storm might bring!
They're talking about floods and landslides here. I don't see it as fast as this thing is going to be moving. It done made me cancel my hunting trip to the SC/GA line this weekend.

The Original Rooster

Mayor of Spring Hill
They're talking about floods and landslides here. I don't see it as fast as this thing is going to be moving. It done made me cancel my hunting trip to the SC/GA line this weekend.
Hate to hear that but it's bone dry down here! I don't see it stalling either though. It's a fast mover.

Redbow

Very little rain from Nicole here in eastern NC so far. I guess she ran out on us.