Lowndes County, Alabama?

Lead Poison

Has anyone hunted in Lowndes County, Ala. or know someone who does? I'm wanting to hear from someone who has experience or knowledge about deer hunting there. Especially around the Ft. Deposit area.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
I know a guy that owns some property near ft deposit . Haven’t talked to in a few years but he has killed some nice bucks off of it . And he talked like the population was high

I’ve hunted lowndes and Dallas both counties are loaded with big deer . Been hunting in that area every January for past 10 years, around mlk is prime rut , lowndes is where Jackie bushman has a place that you always see him hunting on tv

Has anyone hunted in Lowndes County, Ala. or know someone who does? I'm wanting to hear from someone who has experience or knowledge about deer hunting there. Especially around the Ft. Deposit area.
Yeah I hunt there ain't been back down since 2017, for me it's Benton Tyler

SlipperyHill Mo

I hunt near Forest Home in northern Butler county. Our property borders Lowndes County to the norrh and Wilcox to the a West

Rut is in February. Good deer population.

GottaGetOutdoors

I've operated hunting leases in Lowndes County since the early 90s. Mostly Benton, Tyler, and Mt. Willing areas. Quality is high in spots but has declined overall due to high pressure. Crenshaw County has consistently produced better bucks for our members.

Last edited:

Goon

I've operated hunting leases in Lowndes County since the early 90s. Mostly Benton, Tyler, and Mt. Willing areas. Quality is high in spots but has declined overall due to high pressure. Crenshaw County has consistently produced better bucks for our members.
Do you know anything about Blackwell Bend in Selma? Just booked a 5 day hunt there with my dad.

We hunted with the beers for a long time I. Tyler , great deer thetr