Lowrance Question

Buckaroo93

I have ordered:
Elite-7 Ti2 with Active Imaging 3 in 1 No Transducer w/preloaded US Inland Charts
Elite-9 Ti2 with Active Imaging 3 in 1 with Transducer w/preloaded US/Canada Nav+ Charts

Do y'all see any issues with this set-up? ( I got the Elite-9 at a great price with those maps/charts)

gentna24

I fish saltwater exclusively and recently upgraded from a garmin 740s w/ airmar P60 transducer to a SIMRAD GO-9 with the active imaging 3-1 transducer. I cant speak for the lowrance (even though Simrad is cut from same cloth) but the active imaging 3-1 transducer is fantastic. So 3-1 is your normal bottom finder, down scan and side scan all in one transducer.
Normal bottom finder: Mine runs in 85/200hz, medium chirp and high chirp. All good options depending on your depth and what your looking for. 85/200hz is ok for distinguishing bottom type. Chirp settings are better for distinguishing fish in the column. The 3-1 does all of these OK to well.
Sidescan: (My personnel favorite.) I typically operate in 455hz because I'm in saltwater and the clarity is usually okay at best. The 800 Hz option does provide more detail, but less side-to-side scanning ability and more shadow. Also, the straighter you can drive while side-scanning, the better. Below are some pictures at both 800/455hz, saltwater, 5-10' visibility.
InkedScreenshot_2020-06-09_18.35.38_LI.jpg
Cruising along a seawall. (curves are from not driving straight)

Screenshot_2020-06-09_23.16.37.png
Side scan with what the dock looks like from google earth. Mainly pilings and some structure under dock.

Screenshot_2020-08-08_10.43.19.jpg
Small limestone ledges in 40'. Cruising at 5-7mph.

Screenshot_2020-08-08_12.45.53.jpg
The beginning of a shallow rock pile.

As far as down-scan goes, its a mix between your depth finder and the side scan. Its ok and gives you a little better 3d perspective over rocks and structure.

One thing to note. On the 3-1, you cant run chirp depth finder settings and sidescan/downscan at the same time. (like in a split screen setup)

Hope this helps.

Last edited: