LSU/ FL

westcobbdog

Naw.....his offenses can score. Mullen’s fault is that he may be to committed to Grantham and Jones, and slow to make a change. I honestly believe that was a winnable game if Richardson had played the whole game.
But didn’t Richardson toss a few bad picks? He looks pretty good to me at times but makes some bad decisions occasionally too. Perhaps Cuz Will one day be an NFL Offensive Coordinator and thus out of the spotlight and not facing the heat of being a major college coach everyday.

bullgator

But didn’t Richardson toss a few bad picks? He looks pretty good to me at times but makes some bad decisions occasionally too. Perhaps Cuz Will one day be an NFL Offensive Coordinator and thus out of the spotlight and not facing the heat of being a major college coach everyday.
He did.....his firsts of the season if I recall right. But he also brought them back from being down two scores and might have changed the momentum of the game if he had played from the beginning.

GTMODawg

BANNED
UF didn't lose because of bad QB play despite there being plenty of bad QB play by everyone in Orange. They lost because they gave up nearly 300 yards rushing to one solitary back LOL. If anything the UF quarterbacks combined for the best defense UF could field by tossing interceptions and giving that dude a shorter field on which to run rough shod over the Gator defense. If they had been getting the ball at the 20-25 instead of midfield or the Gator side of midfield that dude would have had 500 yards rushing instead of 300.

bullgator

UF didn't lose because of bad QB play despite there being plenty of bad QB play by everyone in Orange. They lost because they gave up nearly 300 yards rushing to one solitary back LOL. If anything the UF quarterbacks combined for the best defense UF could field by tossing interceptions and giving that dude a shorter field on which to run rough shod over the Gator defense. If they had been getting the ball at the 20-25 instead of midfield or the Gator side of midfield that dude would have had 500 yards rushing instead of 300.
The defense certainly wasn’t very good, I admit that. But the defensive issues were compounded by an offense that, as you noted, made them defend short fields with very little rest in between. That was clearly on Emory Jones in the first half which got us two scores down early. Richardson, despite his interceptions, moved Florida and tied the game up. This has been going on pretty much all season and Mullen finally made he switch. I believe we could have come out on top of this high scoring game if Richardson had the whole game to play and not just when he had to play catch-up.