Lsu / Uga

GeauxLSU

OK,
UGA is ranked #3 and LSU is #13 (LSU didn't move this week) - clear advantage UGA.
Game to be played in Athens - clear advantage UGA.
Current line is 3 1/2 points - advantage UGA.
So, it's an obvious win for the Dawgs. No point in wasting time going to the game. I'll be happy to relieve you of your tickets! ::;
Hunt/fish safely,
Phil

Mechanicaldawg

Roosevelt Ranger
Phil,

After they send me two then they can see if there are any left!

With an advantage like that, we don't stand a chance.

If we don't end up with tickets you can always buy a case of beer and some hot wings and come over and watch it on my big screen.

BTW, anyone going to the game should find out where Krew Ragoo is locating and check out their tailgate!

MCG DAWG

Banned
With 15 years of going to UGA games home and away . . .

. .and averaging 9-10 games a year I can honestly say I've NEVER seen a ticket market like the ones for this years LSU and UT games. People have been getting around $250-300 per ticket for upper level seats to these games. In early september you couldn't get a ticket on ebay for less than $350. Absolutely ridiculous.

I'd advise anyone that wants to experience Athens come on in town. You may well find a good deal on a ticket. If you don't get in the game the Ga Theater downtown has free admission, the game on a big screen, free popcorn, and three fully stocked bars. Not a bad place to watch the game.

ramblinrack

Jeff Young said:
Phil,

BTW, anyone going to the game should find out where Krew Ragoo is locating and check out their tailgate!

is that the bunch that has the rabid coon for the pre-game meal?

:D :D :D

ps mods...i need my rofl icon BAD!!!!!

H

HT2

Phil.....

Yeah, I'd definitely have to give the "advantage" to UGA.....

But, you never know.....

That's why they play the game........ :)

MCG DAWG

Banned
I for one don't believe in paper tigers . .

. . if that were the case there's a lot of games we should have won but didn't. It's just to tough to gauge the mindset and determination of a bunch of 18-23 year old kids and that plays as big a role as anything.

The 3 point line is nothing but home field advantage and says nothing about the teams themselves. Going to be a great one to watch and be a part of. Cooking jambalaya for about 50 folks and plenty of cold BEER to go around. Now if the weather will just cooperate.

Buzz

I don't see how ranking would be considered an advantage at all; if anything it could be a disadvantage to the higher ranked team because of overconfidence. On defense, the perception is that UGA has a slightly better defense.

Pulling stats from the NCAA official stats site, I compiled the following statistics. Statistically, LSU has the nation’s fourth ranked total defense and UGA has the 12th ranked defense. LSU has the nation’s fifth ranked scoring defense and UGA has the nation’s 27th ranked scoring defense. LSU has the nation’s 32nd ranked total offense and 23rd ranked scoring offense. UGA has the nation’s 52nd ranked total offense and 53rd ranked scoring offense. On paper, LSU is ahead of UGA is just about every meaningful statistic that is kept for games.

That being said, with the offensive talent UGA has – you just keep waiting to see them break out and have a big game; however, I think the chances of it happening against what may be the best defense they play all year aren’t so good. This game is really tough for me to predict. I think if UGA’s offense comes alive and plays to their potential, they will win in a very close hard fought game. If the offense looks like it has for the last 2 games, it will probably be a blowout in favor of LSU.

MCG DAWG

Banned
I wouldn't bet on this game with . . .

. . GTBuzz's money! Too tough to gauge which team will show up for LSU, the one who beat Auburn or the one who was given a game vs Oregon State. Too tough to know if our offense will start executing well. Too much talent on that side of the ball for us not to just explode someday. Granted, "exploding" against LSU may consist of 20 points. Just hope that would be enough.

MCG DAWG

Banned
Now see, that racoon bit . . .

. .is exactly what is needed around here!

At least our boys at UGA knew how to skin it and cook it . . . doubt anyone over on 10th street in the ATL could have done the same . . .although I've seen some coeds that probably could have treed it! ::gone:

GeauxLSU

Jeff Young said:
Phil,

After they send me two then they can see if there are any left!

With an advantage like that, we don't stand a chance.

If we don't end up with tickets you can always buy a case of beer and some hot wings and come over and watch it on my big screen.

Jeff,
Thanks for the offer. You're not serving pot bellied pig are you?!?! :speechles
We seriously need to get together for a game but I'm fighting the creeping crud so I'm gonna' ride this one out in my easy chair at home. You are more than welcome to join me but you may want to bring a face mask.
CBS is the ONLY station NOT in high def on my cable provider. :banginghe

The krewe of Ragoo.... will be at Clarke Central High.

Hunt/fish safely,
Phil

Mechanicaldawg

Roosevelt Ranger
Thanks for the info on the Krewe!

I don't have tickets but I may head over there for a spell in the morning!

Rack, The Krewe of Ragoo is a bunch of crazy Cajuns.

I went to their tailgate party at the Dome last year & I tell you what, them fools know how to eat and drink!

:clap: