Lucky rascal

walkinboss01

He’s killing me too. LOL. I haven’t had a chance to go look this spring. Good looking points.

Tentwing

The one in the middle kinda looks like an Adena?? Hopefully the experts will be along soon to educate me. ?

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
The one in the middle kinda looks like an Adena?? Hopefully the experts will be along soon to educate me. ?
Not an expert here, but yes, it does to me too.

Hillbilly stalker

Man thanks guys. I’ve got to get me a book on them. Reading about the Adena mound builders now. Isn’t South Carolina kinda south for them ? Would they have traveled and traded that far south from Ohio ? I appreciate the info. Thanks

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Man thanks guys. I’ve got to get me a book on them. Reading about the Adena mound builders now. Isn’t South Carolina kinda south for them ? Would they have traveled and traded that far south from Ohio ? I appreciate the info. Thanks
They had a wide trade network. A friend of mine has a perfect classic Adena point that he found up on the Oconee/Pickens border. There has been a lot of Hopewellian pottery and Great Lakes copper found in mounds in western NC, and a lot of NC mica in Hopewellian mounds in the upper midwest. I've found points here in western NC made from Burlington chert from the upper midwest and Indiana hornstone, and I saw a cache of microblades made from Ohio Flint Ridge flint that was found in east TN.