Lunchtime Power Popping w/vids

Scout'nStripers

I've only been able to get out twice this week and only for a couple hours during lunchtime runs. I got out Tuesday for a couple hours during lunch and the same yesterday. All I've been doing is running and gunning offshore humps and a few creek points with the topwater. No real big girls this week but I caught a few decent fish. This is usually a time when topwater is pretty slow but historically it starts getting better in September when the water dips back into the 70's and by late October it's wide open. I've been seeing quite a bit of schooling out on the main lake and I'm trying to target the areas where I'm seeing the schooling. Sometimes I can call one back up with the popper, sometimes a can get the whole school fired back up and sometimes they refuse to come back to the surface once they've went back down. Tuesday was almost dead calm and every once in a while I'd get a little breeze out of the east and yesterday the wind was steady out of the NW. Water temps are hanging in the low 80's to upper 70's. Here's a couple videos from the last couple days.

Last edited:

Lanier Jim

Good stuff Jim! Great to see you the other day...I think we were the only ones out there.

Scout'nStripers

We were LJ and it was scary. The lake was completely glassed over and not another boat in site. Brush piles with no waiting...LOL. Good to see you too LJ.

littlejon

Good stuff Jim! Great to see you the other day...I think we were the only ones out there.

Nope, got out at 2 and pulled into an empty parking lot at the ramp, strange. Caught only one last Saturday while surfing. Tuesday was a special day on Lanier for sure! Will be out at it tomorrow. :flag: