Made a Spoon

Anvil Head

After seeing the previous post on carving a wooden spoon by Bobby L., I decided I'd make one as well. Well, you guys that know me, know I do most of my "carving with a hammer". So here's one (still need to dress it a bit) I plan to put in my camp kit for grins. Should be good for stirring the beans. Forged from a section of bed frame that just happened to be in reach at the time. Still got to make me an "inside bowl" planishing ball. Looking for a big ol' trailer hitch ball (bigger than 2") to convert to a hardy, if anyone has a old one laying around they don't need anymore. Spoon 2.JPGSpoon 4.JPG

longbowdave1

After seeing the previous post on carving a wooden spoon by Bobby L., I decided I'd make one as well. Well, you guys that know me, know I do most of my "carving with a hammer". So here's one (still need to dress it a bit) I plan to put in my camp kit for grins. Should be good for stirring the beans. Forged from a section of bed frame that just happened to be in reach at the time. Still got to make me an "inside bowl" planishing ball. Looking for a big ol' trailer hitch ball (bigger than 2") to convert to a hardy, if anyone has a old one laying around they don't need anymore. View attachment 1030073View attachment 1030074
Nice job. I like it.

walkinboss01

That’ll do the job. Nice work

turkeykirk

Nice

Anvil Head

It's a bit rough, but one of my first so should be able to improve with a little practice. Just exercising some of the options on my swage blocks. Obviously need to modify one of my hammers to work inside the curve/bowl better.