Made me a Mini course

kirby999

This morning, I arranged my five bag Targets , I’ve been accumulating a few at a time , around my house at the edge of the woods . Too many ticks around here to put them too far into the woods . Have to make my shots away from neighbors yard too .
Made it three times around shooting 2-3 arrows at each target before the heat got to me . It’s 81 now with a heat index of 85 . Summer‘s here .
Course ended at the driveway with a 35 yard shot at my largest bag at the front of The garage .
I only missed one bag and that was a small Morrell crossbow unload bag I picked up for $15 . Makes a great small target for close shots . I was trying a long shot , missed left on first shot , nailed it the next two .
I need to build some Covered platforms to set the bags on and I could leave them out . Or at least something to Elevate them a little and hold them in place .
A lot more fun than standing in one spot shooting arrow after arrow .

Cavalry Scout

Awesome!!! have had the same thoughts.. 3D targets are so expensive. Got me motivated to do the same!

splatek

UAEC
I picked me up two blemished 3d Targets. One buck, one bear. Add the bag and the bag target and the odd hay bale and I’ve done something similar. I also hung a few sticks from a tree in my yard and practice from the saddle.
It’s necessary but my neighbors think I’m crack... they forget all the venison I shared with them last year. lol

kirby999

I’ve ordered some Morrell animal targets I’m going to Gorilla tape them to my larger bags . Just to mix things up .
I think Academy sells them .
just checked , Academy sells them online only for $7.99 .
i just remembered I have a couple places in back where I can dig out a place in a bank . Hammer two poles on both sides and stretch some wire across to hold the Morrell targets and I’ve added two more targets to my course .
years ago At Tomo Chi Chi Archery club we had pits dug Out this way to use for broadhead Targets .

Last edited:

Ga Waters

I've been doing something similar 10-25yds. Varying the elevation and distance trying to shoot about 50-75 arrows twice a day. Since I shoot alone it's hard to judge progress if any.

kirby999

I got two more Of the small Morrell Crossbow Discharge bags . I went around the yard and screwed some big coated hooks into some sweetgum trees .I put up five hooks for the four bags I have .
I get ready to shoot I load the wheelbarrow up With bag Targets and Hook them on the trees . That’ll make seven targets all together with my three bigger bags . I plan on hanging them , maybe between two trees with ropes . Add a S hook on the end of the rope and I can put them up and take them down easily.
two arrow per target , two rounds , twenty eight shots . I need one more target . :)
Actually I use my driveway target as a walk up and shoot four arrows at it . 35, 30, 25, 20 yards .

Hillbilly stalker

If you have a local Archery club, check with them. The compound shooters usually blow out the vitals on their 3D animals pretty quick shooting tournaments . I've picked up front halves and rear quarters for free. Works great unless you are using glued on points. Works good for broadheads too.

kirby999

I’m having trouble locating an archery club near me .
Looks like everything in the metro area has gone under .
if I could find one , I’d probably join them and shoot their targets . :)

splatek

UAEC
Keep an eye on here. Once all this COvid stuff lets up, clubs will start posting their shoots. Usually once a month or so on a weekend. My boy and I do one in gainesville that is a bunch of great folks.