Madison County2017

flycastr

Pre rut activity

Saw a young 9 pt buck following a large group of does last week 10/19. Would est age @ 2.5 yrs

Took a shot at a young doe with my smokepole at 65yd but did not recover the deer.

Starting to see signs of scraping rubs etc.

I hunt in Danielsville Ila area.

Would expect things to start heating up very soon.

ssmith

Bucks moving

This am in Ila area saw 8, 6, and 3 pt Doe running . Best time coming up. Fun to be in the woods.

Lshaw97

Killed an 8 pointer in Ila running does the 30th, I'm guessing the second week of November is gonna be best

flycastr

I have seen several small bucks chasing but nothing I wanted to shoot. There will be lots of shooting with either sex opening. Lets keep this thread going. There are some great bucks in Madison County

Kootie

I agree...lets keep this thread going.
11/4 - I saw nothing but my wife and son saw couple of does and few small bucks. We've seen chasing on trail cams, rubs and scrapes are showing up. Next week or two should be good.

ssmith

8pt

Shot it Monday at 11:30. Went in later due to fog. Slowed down with warm weather Should pick up Fri am Sat am and next week Saw several does in fields 5:30 or so today. Go get em.

ssmith

Nothing today

Sat in woods from 7:15 to 10:15 Not a deer but three fox squirells to entertain me. One black ,one grey, and one blonde. Saw a spike in a field 5:30 this evening . Sat am ought to be good.

ssmith

This morning 38 and hurricane winds. No deer. A fox and two fox squirells Sat for 3 hours. Maybe Monday it will pick up

Kootie

Friday 11/10 - Slow in the woods. 3 hunters couple of does seen

Saturday 11/11
Cold and windy. 3 hunters 10+ does and several bucks. Seen chasing from the stand and on cam. One shooter cruising but 300 yard out....no shot.

Lshaw97

Seen a ton of deer 11/12 pm. Does and small bucks. Nice buck I walked up on and shot over his back at 50 yards. No blood, clean miss.

7 pointer on the 9th N.W. Madison County

I had him on video from the game cam but was not able to tell exactly how many points he was. That was in the latter part of October and he looked to be in the rut.

https://youtu.be/3pf-jp66GpQ

IMG_0965.jpg

Yes, I know that the deer could have used a couple more years to possibly become a nice buck but around here if I let one go my neighbors will most definitely kill it so it is either meat for me or the neighbors.

ssmith

I'm like you better take him or someone else will Hunted five hours today and two in the wind sat saw nothing . You don't get em sitting inside.

Lshaw97

Seen a group of does this morning. No bucks in sight, is the rut over or y'all think it'll heat back up the next couple of days?

Kootie

11/12
I saw a young buck chasing a doe and several does in the evening
11/13
My son killed a 9 point...no sign of him being in rut.

Overall we are still seeing signs of the rut from the stand, scouting and on cam. Possibly winding down just a bit. I'll hunt this weekend and give an update.

ssmith

Shot a 9pt this am at 9 am. No giant but OK That and the 8pt I shot 10 days or so ends my buck season. Got mixed emotions . Should have waited another month or so Oh well. Doe time