Making changes in GA wildlife management

You bet, I am concerned more about the problems in my state than I am in any other. I live, work, hunt, raise a family and pay taxes in this state. If there is an opportunity for me to make this a better place at the expense of non law abiding visitors then I am all for it.

Again, why should there be equality in the punishment or fines for a Florida person and a Georgia person? Why should there be fairness? Why should they be treated with compassion once convicted?

Just 1, you pay a little over 200.oo for the priviledge of hunting in GA? Sweet, thanks for helping prove my point further. I pay over 300 for the priviledge in SC. So, by only raising non resi fee's by 75 bucks we will still be cheaper and not run a bunch of revenue to SC, Huh?

Toe, I aint going down the path of speeding tickets and murder, I'm trying to keep it to hunting. I feel much the same about those areas as I do the hunting topics. It's high time we started handing our some real punishment and fines for both of those areas as well.

donkeytoe i thought u werent gonna get into an argument? I AGREE WITH YOU GOBBLESTOPPER I DONT LIKE A MAJORITY OF FLORIDA HUNTERS EITHER!!!MOST IF NOT ALL ARE YANKEES ,FLORIDA HAS BECOME A YANKEE STATE IN THE SOUTH !!! SO WHY CANT THEY JUST GO BACK ABOVE THE MASON DIXON LINE !!! ::huh: :banginghe

Donkeytoe

At this point I see we can agree to disagree. I respect your passion for your state but above all remember you are an American. You have the right to your opinion as well as others. If you can get a majority of voters to agree with you then you can change the system. Until then you must work within it. Like the saying goes - love it or leave it. Although you may not agree with the system it is still the best one out there. Where else can a nut like Kerry have a chance to win the election (sorry - my opinion only). Thanks for letting me spend money in your state and hunt there. I will drive within the limits if the law and rest assured if I see any fellow Floridians or resident Georgians breaking the law while hunting I will turn them in.
We are an open society, attitudes like this will only cause greater segragation. Commerce would stop. Truckers could not truck, we could not ship goods throught the country, etc. You get the point. Good luck with your movement, but I hope it fails.

Donkeytoe stepping out., Gotta get my stuff together for this coming weekend. Gooing hunting in Georgia. Gotta shoot my $200 worth this year before you get the prices changed :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Donkeytoe

struttinsouthern

that is an ignorant statement. If I recall the Mayflower did not land in Georgia so where do you think your ancestors came from. I apologize if you are a native american-then you have an argument

Just 1 More

Ok Gobblestopper,,, you win,,, good luck on your crusade.
It would be nice and a lot more productive to work together rather than ailenate a select group.
Let's hope the elected officals have a better understanding of the financial resources the non resident hunter brings to your state.
Like Donkeytoe, I will be there this weekend doing my best to get my $200.oo worth before you run me out of your state.
I'll be sure to never have your attitude when I move from here and become a resident of Georgia...

struttinsouthern..... unbelievable

Agman

For what it is worth, ::huh:

No one comes to hunt in Florida but for maybe hogs and turkeys.

Everyone comes to Florida to fish. Florida charges only $31.50 for an annual non-residence license. I have always thought that Florida should charge for fishing the same as the state they come from for non-residence hunting.

As for Turkey being a $100.00, I would also charge what the state your from charges for big-game, why not, this is our big game.

And also on charge more for violations for non-residence. Sounds good but that dog will not hunt. Years back Florida charged a large amount, somewhere around 3 to $500 to regester your vehicle once you moved to our state. Worked for a few years until overturned and Florida had to give back what was collected.

Fines should be increased, if you violate, you pay, regardless if your from Florida or Georgia.

Mechanicaldawg

Roosevelt Ranger
First off, I don't even want to get caught up in the Florida vs. Georgia aspect of this thread. I have one point that I'd like to make about Florida and their fees and taxes.

Floridians do not pay income taxes. Instead they charge tourist and visitors a very hefty hotel/attraction and sales tax.

I don't have a problem with it. It's actually very smart. however, it should be taken into consideration when you are pointing to what you percieve to be low license fees.

Just 1 More

Floridians do not pay income taxes. Instead they charge tourist and visitors a very hefty hotel/attraction and sales tax.

very true,,, but we "Floridians" get charged the same taxes and rates and sales taxes that any non resident pays. We don't get a break from it just because we live here.

i aint got nuthin to be ashamed for i dont like yankees never have never will i didnt say i hated yankees !!! just dont like them !!! ow and yes im creek indian ::ke: :fine:

Timberman

Just 1, you pay a little over 200.oo for the priviledge of hunting in GA? Sweet, thanks for helping prove my point further. I pay over 300 for the priviledge in SC. So, by only raising non resi fee's by 75 bucks we will still be cheaper and not run a bunch of revenue to SC, Huh?

Why in the world would you hunt over here when you can hunt in Ga? The hunting's alright in SC but Ga is the envy of the SE, yet you call hunting over here a privilege. Course it seems I remember you having trouble believing the DNR estimate of a deer/4 acres on Camp Croft. With just a very elementary knowledge of whitetail ecology it is painfully obvious the deer herd has far exceeded the carrying capacity at that locale. That is the entire reason for the deer hunts to begin with-to do something before the forest composition is drastically altered. It is not to provide sport. I'm sure you knew that. I drive Dairy Ridge Road twice a day and have the dents and busted headlights to prove it. A friend of mine hunted one of the hunts and called it the most ridiculous "hunt" he'd ever seen and vowed never to go back. Another good friend of mine owns several hundred acres adjoining the park and he has to beat "hunters" off his property with a stick when they conduct the hunts because most of the "hunters" are too dense to know what a property line looks like. Because you have attended those hunts as well using your own reasoning I could conclude that you as well are of the same ilk, which you might be. I could go further using your own reasoning and conclude you are a politically correct suburbanite who can't leave the truck without a GPS and actually believes scent free clothing works.

It seems I remember you saying something as well about it being the land of big bucks too. The record for Spartanburg county is 159 4/8 as a pickup and the next closest is in the 130's. It only has recorded 49 deer over 125 inches since recorded time. Sounds like the land of big bucks, huh?

Your logic has no basis other than simple discrimination. Hunting rules and regs should be enforced equally across the board, regardless of race, creed, religion, or domicile. Any other way is utter nonsense.

I own property in Georgia and pay quite a hefty sum to provide for the great people of the state. I could hunt on a gratis basis but choose to purchase a non resident license so I can contribute to what I consider to be an excellent wildlife resource. I hunted Georgia while I lived in Florida and I resent the attitude resonating from this thread. I also grew up north of the Big Chicken and in some folk's eyes that constitutes a Yankee. So let's see, I'm a Yankee that used to live in Florida but now live in South Carolina yet I was born and raised in Georgia and even was schooled at that fantastic state chartered university called UGA. Should I be subjected to a different set of rules than the folks who've never been farther from home than I've had my hand up in a paper bag? That makes all kind of sense. :rolleyes:

Timber, first I will say you are welcome. For the second year now, I have killed a deer at the croft state park hunt. So, there should be one less for you to hit with your vehicle. As you know, hunting is an excellent choice for managing the herd on state parks and croft is a wonderful example of hunters in action.
As for my style of hunting. Well, I was there this year on opening day when the effects of the hurricane and bad weather kept many out of the woods. No, I dont hunt with the masses along or across property lines. In fact I took a little tougher route and crossed fairfield creek in waist deep water to get to and from my stand in order to hunt less accessible areas in the center of the hunt units. Never owned a piece of scent loc clothing and will never buy one. So, by keeping the wind in my face and sitting down wind of some falling white oaks for 10 hours in a stand, I was finally able to kill a SC pine goat. Check the numbers 200 + hunters that hunt and last I heard when leaving less than 10 deer were killed.

Why in the world would I hunt in SC you ask? Well, probably for many of the same reasons as you. Not only did I grow up, get an education, and own land in SC, but I remember my upbringing and those who taught me the love of the woods and the enjoyment of hunting. I don't go back to SC because the hunting is any better. I go back to hunt with family and friends that have made so many memorable hunts over the years.

Timberman

It's Fairforest Creek. There's a road on both sides.

Timber gald you know the creek, you know what I am talking about. Sure there are roads on both sides, but neither is very close. Heck, I know the roads are not nearly as close to the hunting areas as the roads are to your food plots on the edge of your property that you use to draw deer from your neighbors property.... Have you found a solution to that issue yet or are you still whining about it?

Timberman

You bet they're not. Camp Croft is over 5000 acres and my little bit of heaven is only 120 acres, 60 +- each side divided by a paved road. The side in question is almost a square and it is roughly 1617' per side. But the beauty of it is that it is mine and paid in full. In fact I am in the process of building my permanent residence there.

I never felt as if I was whining. I apologize if I came across as such.

I was looking to get an opinion other than mine. Again it is very simple. They hunt on me, I do not hunt on them. Deer do cross the line back and to, but it is I that keeps them fat and healthy. They just take and do not give back. :)

I am very proactive and have several solutions in the works. The one I am most interested in is purchasing almost half the property they hunt, which of course would be the portion that joins me. The other option is that in the course of having a business relationship with the landowner from which they lease, the problems(trespass) have been discussed with the landowner. I have been assured that I will either own the property in question or lease it myself come next fall.

Thanks for asking. :)