Malard Flank vs Wood Duck Flank

zekekb

I want to tie a Light Cahill and it calls for wood duck flank. I have malard flank in yellow. Do you think I should go with the yellow malard or suck it up and get wood duck?

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I've tied a lot of them with mallard-the fish won't care, but you'll probably be able to see it better.

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Yep the trout don't care. Either will look good to you.

Tightliner

I use both tying various emergers. Match the color to the bug in question. Mallard is fine for function, never know the diffrence unless you are a purest. New patterns emerge from moving from standard recipies;). Be adventurous with your materials.

Later..................................

crackerdave

I use both tying various emergers. Match the color to the bug in question. Mallard is fine for function, never know the diffrence unless you are a purest. New patterns emerge from moving from standard recipies;). Be adventurous with your materials.

Later..................................

Spoken like a man who knows his sport,sir.:)

I'm planning on going up to Calhoun and help y'all set up in the morning.See ya there?

crackerdave

Yep the trout don't care. Either will look good to you.

:rofl: That reminds me of one of my daddy's favorite lines,when I'd be eyeballin' one of the latest flashy lures ["trinkets," my wife calls 'em] in the store and he'd say "Them thangs are made to ketch fishermen,son." Some wisdom,there,that I couldn't see at the time. I sure do miss him.

I know I don't come in this forum much,but I read it a lot.Some great info on brim on the long rod - which is one of my most favoritest sports in the world.

PS: Don't be alarmed if you see a couple more moderators hired on here,now.I'm a known :stir: :rofl:

Tightliner

Spoken like a man who knows his sport,sir.:)

I'm planning on going up to Calhoun and help y'all set up in the morning.See ya there?

Looking forward to meeting you. Me and Alliecat (baby girl that cast a mean 2wt) are gonna try to make it over Friday as soon ad I can slip out of work :rolleyes:. Got soccer training Sat, but we plan to camp that night while the good wife goes to nephews graduation. I'll get bitteroot to point you out.

Later....................................