Man on a Mission

Resica

The hornyheads were hitting good, too. There were hornyhead nests all over. Pretty amazing. They carry pebbles one by one in their mouths, and pile them up into big piles that they lay their eggs in, along with big swarms of shiners, darters, and other small creek fish. This one was about the size of a bushel basket, a lot of pebble totin' for an 8" fish:

View attachment 1086594

I caught several of them. They are interesting little fish with funky tubercles on their head, big lips, and a taste for nymphs. I started to take about three of them home and tell my wife these were her fish for supper, but, then again, I dislike frying pan wounds.

View attachment 1086597

View attachment 1086598

After awhile, I came upon this neck-deep run. There were fish stacked up like cordwood in it. I caught eight trout from this one hole, and kept three, including one 13" brown that got hooked in the gills and probably wouldn't have lived.

View attachment 1086599

View attachment 1086600

View attachment 1086601

View attachment 1086602

I had my six fish I needed, and had caught a bunch more to boot. It was starting to get hot, so I broke down my rod and started on the perilous five-minute journey back to home.

My wife was happy, especially after I cooked this up for her:

View attachment 1086603

So, fun was had, and no dog bites or frying pan wounds.

Oh, and thought of the day: All y'all trashy lazy, mentally deficient littering lowlifes, quit leaving crap like this out there for me to have to pick up. If you toted it in full, you can tote it out empty. It won't kill you. If I can carry it out and throw it away, you can too. I have faith in you. I hope you get warts in your nethermost regions.

View attachment 1086604

Fin.
Very nice job!! Probably Yankees littering!!

Permitchaser

I been looking for a ***** head creek. My back creek just had chubs. I'm still looking. My grandson don't believe me when I tell them I used to catch ***** heads as a kid

Bkeepr

Thank you for the story and pictures, it provided a much need escape from my job