Mathews halon 6 vs V3

Thread starter #1
So am thinking about getting a new bow I have the halon 6 and been thinking about getting the new V3. Is the V3 better or anything different than the halon 6 ?

Have you shot he halon 6 before? Am going to shoot the V3 and my bow to compare them in a couple weeks to feel it out.
Interested to hear what you think. I’m shooting the Halon 6 as well. I’ve been thinking about getting either the V3 27 or the VXR 28 for the ground blind.

I shoot the Halon 6 and my son just got the VXR. Last week we took turns shooting both of them. The VXR is a great shooting bow, smooth, very quiet and fast (but most new bows today are fast). I'm not familiar with the V3, but if I was looking at Mathews, I would look hard at the VXR. I like the 6 but it is somewhat heavier and longer than my older Drenalin, and at 60 years old, carrying the bow and my climber can be a task.

I shoot the Halon 6 and my son just got the VXR. Last week we took turns shooting both of them. The VXR is a great shooting bow, smooth, very quiet and fast (but most new bows today are fast). I'm not familiar with the V3, but if I was looking at Mathews, I would look hard at the VXR. I like the 6 but it is somewhat heavier and longer than my older Drenalin, and at 60 years old, carrying the bow and my climber can be a task.
Is the VXR enough to make you want to upgrade your Halon 6?

I'm not going to since I've only had my Halon for 2 years (plus I hunt with a crossbow), but if I had the need and the money, I would. It's the best balanced and quietest bow I've ever shot.