Maui Wowie?

WaltL1

If you've got tickets, hope they are refundable.

oldfella1962

Hold on...let's think this through folks...if they are traveling there to picket the destruction of Hawaii, how will they fly back home if they experience "flight delays" before God takes out the airport? :unsure: For all we know God is a tactical genius - since He was directly involved in waging war against various tribes back in the Old Testament days* - and He might call in a precision smite on the airport to stop anybody from escaping. The WBC members are messing with the bull and might get the horns!

* God rained hailstones down on the enemy! God did tell Job that He keeps snow and hail in heavenly storehouses for times of war & trouble - and He doesn't disappoint! :)

Joshua 10:11
"As they fled before Israel on the road down from Beth Horon to Azekah, the LORD hurled large hailstones down on them, and more of them died from the hail than were killed by the swords of the Israelites".

specialk

probably one way tickets...

WaltL1

Hold on...let's think this through folks...if they are traveling there to picket the destruction of Hawaii, how will they fly back home if they experience "flight delays" before God takes out the airport? :unsure: For all we know God is a tactical genius - since He was directly involved in waging war against various tribes back in the Old Testament days* - and He might call in a precision smite on the airport to stop anybody from escaping. The WBC members are messing with the bull and might get the horns!

* God rained hailstones down on the enemy! God did tell Job that He keeps snow and hail in heavenly storehouses for times of war & trouble - and He doesn't disappoint! :)

Joshua 10:11
"As they fled before Israel on the road down from Beth Horon to Azekah, the LORD hurled large hailstones down on them, and more of them died from the hail than were killed by the swords of the Israelites".
if they are traveling there to picket the destruction of Hawaii, how will they fly back home if they experience "flight delays" before God takes out the airport?
Pretty much what I was thinking.
"God is going to destroy Hawaii."
"So lets go there"

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
Uhhhhh, how do multiple fires in different areas all start on the same day on Maui?

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
This is where the Christians join the A/A’s in disgust with WBC….

WaltL1

This is where the Christians join the A/A’s in disgust with WBC….
I would hope even the most hardcore A/As recognize that the WBC is a really, really fringe group and dont lump the vast majority of Christians in with them.
I'm glad that group of scumbags dont live here in Ga.
I couldnt trust myself if they were local.

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
I would hope even the most hardcore A/As recognize that the WBC is a really, really fringe group and dont lump the vast majority of Christians in with them.
I'm glad that group of scumbags dont live here in Ga.
I couldnt trust myself if they were local.
They do travel lol

Any A/A I personally know, other than sarcastic debating, doesn’t lump that group with Christianity.

WaltL1

They do travel lol

Any A/A I personally know, other than sarcastic debating, doesn’t lump that group with Christianity.
They do travel lol
Oh sure, poke the bear :bounce:
Same here.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Uhhhhh, how do multiple fires in different areas all start on the same day on Maui?
Can’t find a reason how the fire started. They’ve had high winds and been under red flag conditions for a while. Once it got started the wind pushed it fast. Evacuations weren’t successful. They got 50 plus dead and as many as a thousand unaccounted for. That’s bad news on an island.

crackerdave

Can’t find a reason how the fire started. They’ve had high winds and been under red flag conditions for a while. Once it got started the wind pushed it fast. Evacuations weren’t successful. They got 50 plus dead and as many as a thousand unaccounted for. That’s bad news on an island.
No place to go but the ocean.

Maybe lava started it?

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
I understand that but many separate fires started miles from each other all around the same time. Some in opposite directions from the wind. Much different than one fire starting and spreading out because of conditions.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
I understand that but many separate fires started miles from each other all around the same time. Some in opposite directions from the wind. Much different than one fire starting and spreading out because of conditions.
I have no idea, my first thought was the cane fields and a burn that got away.

SemperFiDawg

Political Forum Arbiter of Truth (And Lies Too)
The old man is dead if I’m not mistaken, but he passed his hatred to his kids. Don’t know who’s heading the church now but his daughter was second in command and his ideological twin.

WaltL1

The old man is dead if I’m not mistaken, but he passed his hatred to his kids. Don’t know who’s heading the church now but his daughter was second in command and his ideological twin.
It wouldnt hurt my feelings if she were to join her Dad very soon.

oldfella1962

No place to go but the ocean.

Maybe lava started it?
I just saw some news saying a large group that were thought to be dead were found alive in a house - so that's some good news at least. Call me ignorant, but I had no idea that Hawaii even had large and deadly wildfires! :huh: