Meriwether County

Pmt12

Small bucks for me so far. No late morning chasing yet. Got some of the bigger bucks moving late evening at the moment.

marcel ledbetter

Rut seemed to peak a few days earlier than normal this year . It was starting to slow down on our place by the 6th. I was seeing mature bucks locked down with does at the end of October.

mbl223

Killed a nice 8 point on Saturday 11/9 morning chasing a doe. I think it’s at the tail end if not already over. Based on cameras the majority of the active chasing was 11/4 thorough Sunday 11/10 where we are at near Stovall. Still a lot of does with yearlings that the bucks weren’t messing with, so there should be a pretty good second rut end of November beginning of December. I’m glad our food plots are coming up good, because that could be the only food source late season.

Attachments

• 91073188-AD2E-4AA5-B625-94D5F07A3F19.jpeg
    91073188-AD2E-4AA5-B625-94D5F07A3F19.jpeg
    183.8 KB · Views: 48

BigDogDaddy

Don't tell me that :banginghe. I'm not headed down until Thursday, had to help in-laws move last weekend. Praying I didn't miss it. We usually have good chasing 10th-20th on our place.

Nice buck btw!

quality hunter

I am down here this week close to Greenville the does are not being chased at all have seen 20 different does in two days nothing.

king george

Nobody has missed the rut, if you think about it you see babies being born from July to September. Get in the woods hunt when you can hunt long as you can, good luck guys!

mbl223

Hunted Friday, Saturday and Sunday near Stovall. Saw a ton of does, yearlings, and small bucks. The big boys seem to be moving a lot at night based on trail cameras. I did have a doe come by Saturday morning with 2 little bucks following her but not really chasing. Hopefully the rut round 2 gets going in the next week or two.

Longhorn 16

Hunted Friday, Saturday and Sunday near Stovall. Saw a ton of does, yearlings, and small bucks. The big boys seem to be moving a lot at night based on trail cameras. I did have a doe come by Saturday morning with 2 little bucks following her but not really chasing. Hopefully the rut round 2 gets going in the next week or two.

Saw some big ones this weekend bumping a hot doe around in a clear cut. She had ten different bucks keeping tabs on her. It funny how the dominant buck watches the young bucks waste their energy when she not quite there.