Mescalero cow elk hunt

plumber_1969

I am only posting this as a warning to others who may try this in the future. We called the Inn of the Mountain Gods Big Game Hunt people and asked a specific question, "will the drawing results be available prior to April 3rd?" We were told the drawing would be on March 19th and we could call on the 26th of March to get the results. Well we did that, and were told to call back today. Now today they are saying next week. I explained to him that this is unacceptable and I asked a specific question about us being notified prior to the deadline for Colorado. Now he is saying well you can try back on Friday. The issue I have is when I ask a specific question all I want is the truth. I don't have 4 weeks to take off and drive across the country 2 different times nor do I want to. I also had to send a cashiers check for that hunt for the 2 of us. You are at their mercy when they send it back, allegedly May 1st.

Has anybody else dealt with this when dealing with them? Makes me really appreciate CPW and the WGF. Sorry for the rant.

plumber_1969

I saw that before we booked and the only reason we booked was a couple of good reviews from a couple of others we know. They were actually drawn for two different elk hunts last year in different states. I was just putting a friendly warning out to the others. It may be a great hunt, these guys each killed a cow before 7:30 AM on the first morning, but I am already soured on being lied to. We are trying to see what the cancellation policy is with Colorado since the Inn already has my money. I really wish I could tell them to stuff it and send my money back but I am at their mercy right now.

twincedargap

I saw that before we booked and the only reason we booked was a couple of good reviews from a couple of others we know. They were actually drawn for two different elk hunts last year in different states. I was just putting a friendly warning out to the others. It may be a great hunt, these guys each killed a cow before 7:30 AM on the first morning, but I am already soured on being lied to. We are trying to see what the cancellation policy is with Colorado since the Inn already has my money. I really wish I could tell them to stuff it and send my money back but I am at their mercy right now.
So how did your hunt go?