Mess of trout

Dixiesimpleman32

GONetwork Member
Me my wife and son caught a limit of trout. State is doing good stocking them. Go get um. We put them on one stringer for the pic. I been told I'm not suppose to that so I won't do it again.

Attachments

• received_136943830488818.jpg
    received_136943830488818.jpg
    213.5 KB · Views: 1,261

Coenen

Why no stringer?
All 16 on one stringer, makes it look like 2 limits for one person instead of 1 limit for each of them.

Took me a second to put that together.

NoOne

Gone but not forgotten.
Good eating size

Teh Wicked

Don't pay any attention to people who say you cannot have them on one stringer, that is silly. You and your wife obviously have a 8 fish limit each, long as their isn't more than 16 between you two then you are fine. And any DNR officer that would try and give you a hard time about that needs to be reported.

greg_n_clayton

Don't pay any attention to people who say you cannot have them on one stringer, that is silly. You and your wife obviously have a 8 fish limit each, long as their isn't more than 16 between you two then you are fine. And any DNR officer that would try and give you a hard time about that needs to be reported.

:eek: If I aint mistaken...a stringer is also considered a creel !!

Teh Wicked

:eek: If I aint mistaken...a stringer is also considered a creel !!

So? Show me the law where it says a person HAS to buy a stringer/bucket/livewell/etc for themselves to retain caught fish and define which fish they caught.

Its called a bag limit for a reason, plenty of fathers and sns go fishing and Dad will carry his boys catch for the day. The only time you might get into a questionable action would be if you have an exceeding limit. There are no rules are to how you have to keep that limit on your person.

transfixer

Nice Catch ! not sure where you were fishing, but looks like a place or two on Coopers Creek ?

I wish the locals around those streams worried as much about creel limits as the rest of us do.

Tarpfisher

Below is right off the website...

Creel and Possession Note to Anglers

Creel and possession limits are per person. For Conservation Rangers to correctly determine compliance with these limits, each individual should keep trout or other fish on separate stringers or in separate creels. It is unlawful for one individual to possess more than the legal limit of any fish species.

http://www.eregulations.com/georgia/fishing/general-regulations/

Nitram4891

Flop Thief

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
So? Show me the law where it says a person HAS to buy a stringer/bucket/livewell/etc for themselves to retain caught fish and define which fish they caught.

Its called a bag limit for a reason, plenty of fathers and sns go fishing and Dad will carry his boys catch for the day. The only time you might get into a questionable action would be if you have an exceeding limit. There are no rules are to how you have to keep that limit on your person.

Below is right off the website...

Creel and Possession Note to Anglers

Creel and possession limits are per person. For Conservation Rangers to correctly determine compliance with these limits, each individual should keep trout or other fish on separate stringers or in separate creels. It is unlawful for one individual to possess more than the legal limit of any fish species.

http://www.eregulations.com/georgia/fishing/general-regulations/

Whoop der it is. :pop:

Dixiesimpleman32

GONetwork Member
Thanks for replies. I know now. There were 3 of us fishing my son took the pic. We all caught 8 fish. We really like it up there. Best we ever done there. Most time we end up going to Andy's to bring home some trout .

Tmpr111

Thanks for replies. I know now. There were 3 of us fishing my son took the pic. We all caught 8 fish. We really like it up there. Best we ever done there. Most time we end up going to Andy's to bring home some trout .

I’m certain many folks are able to catch theirs and our limits combined, and get their fish to the House very quickly around those stocked areas.

While actually fishing, yes, I agree with the above and with following the law. However for a memory and picture like that, please don’t apologize for that stringer. Y’all were clearly done fishing and were capturing a moment. Well done and good for y’all!

Lawnmowerman

Just the same as the Warden told us to keep our dove separate. There was two of us hunting together and we put them all in one bag. When we got checked he crawled us, but didn't do anything. But as pointed out, how was he to know who shot how many? You have to keep them separate.