Methodist split - Florida update

brutally honest

“Showing the new normal, a second openly partnered, gay activist bishop, Cedric Bridgeforth, was elected in the Western Jurisdiction, and a third came historically close to being elected in the Northeast, openly breaking longstanding rules banning “self-avowed, practicing homosexual” clergy. The growing caucus of gay activist bishops will increasingly redefine the denomination.”

SemperFiDawg

“Showing the new normal, a second openly partnered, gay activist bishop, Cedric Bridgeforth, was elected in the Western Jurisdiction, and a third came historically close to being elected in the Northeast, openly breaking longstanding rules banning “self-avowed, practicing homosexual” clergy. The growing caucus of gay activist bishops will increasingly redefine the denomination.”

I heard a little about this last week and it was said that roughly 25% of the churches in the US would split off if this went pro-gay. I was shocked, literally stunned. I had expected a lot higher number. It just goes to show how liberal the church has become.

brutally honest

I heard a little about this last week and it was said that roughly 25% of the churches in the US would split off if this went pro-gay. I was shocked, literally stunned. I had expected a lot higher number. It just goes to show how liberal the church has become.

Yes, that percentage is in line with the link in post 114 — a truly sad state of affairs.