Methodist split - Florida update

brutally honest

Is Christ male?

tenor.gif

Artfuldodger

Is Christ male?
Yes, what about God the Father? He also made Adam first. It's was a man's world.
"For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, and is himself its Savior. As the church is subject to Christ, so let wives also be subject in everything to their husbands."

In 1 Timothy, Paul wrote, “I want women to adorn themselves with proper clothing, modestly and discreetly, not with braided hair and gold or pearls or costly garments, but rather by means of good works, as befits women making a claim to godliness”

One could look at it as this being the first step towards liberalism in the Church. Once women started wearing such items, and not being subject to their husbands, it lead to women preaching and taking teaching roles over men in the Church. Thus getting the ball rolling so to speak.
It's not something that just started.

Last edited:

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Perhaps a better question might be, will there be males and females in Heaven, and if so...to what end?

We are taught folks recognized Christ after the resurrection in his glorified body.

Artfuldodger

If God was Christ's eternal Father and Jesus an eternal son, then Jesus would have to be male before he was even born. Thus his eternal spirit had to be male as well. Since the Three are the same, and eternal, then they are all three male as well, spirit or otherwise.

There is no way God can be an eternal Father unless he only became a Father at His son's incarnation. Also since the Father and Son are one, both are male.

Unless neither of the three were male or female before the incarnation and only became sexed at that moment. If so then maybe there is now neither male nor female, no classes of rank, no rich or poor, etc. only spirits of one nature.

Maybe we go to Heaven as unsexed spirits only to return as sexed glorified bodies. Unless glorified bodies are not sexed. The LDS think they are where we can continue to have children in Heaven. But they also think we were sexed before we got to the earth.

Last edited:

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
some Jewish sages hold that God is both male and female, and created Adam as both male and female. Then when Eve was created, it was actually a separation of the male from the female.

Yeah... it gets really deep and confusing to me too.

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
The gender identity crisis has crept deeper than we thought……..

jrickman

My point here is...and frankly it might be a distinction without a difference in the context of this discussion...is that we as men should not get too far up on our spiritual high horse when it comes to women. I think the general prohibition on women being placed in positions of spiritual authority (specifically over men, not in general) is based on their flesh handicap rather than some spiritual superiority or election on our part. I believe pretty firmly that once we depart the earthly flesh, the ladies are going to be every bit our equals in every single way, no longer bound by their weaker earthly constitution. My personal belief is that no woman should be placed in a position of spiritual authority where a willing and qualified man is available for that role, because as a general rule, women are more easily swayed, and once led astray, have tremendous power to take men with them, as Adam learned the hard way. But I've seen an awful lot of men who probably should have deferred to the spiritual wisdom of some of the women around them over the years...so it really isn't that simple a matter to address.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
If God was Christ's eternal Father and Jesus an eternal son, then Jesus would have to be male before he was even born. Thus his eternal spirit had to be male as well. Since the Three are the same, and eternal, then they are all three male as well, spirit or otherwise.

There is no way God can be an eternal Father unless he only became a Father at His son's incarnation. Also since the Father and Son are one, both are male.

Unless neither of the three were male or female before the incarnation and only became sexed at that moment. If so then maybe there is now neither male nor female, no classes of rank, no rich or poor, etc. only spirits of one nature.

Maybe we go to Heaven as unsexed spirits only to return as sexed glorified bodies. Unless glorified bodies are not sexed. The LDS think they are where we can continue to have children in Heaven. But they also think we were sexed before we got to the earth.

If I wasn`t confused before, I surely am now.

Don`t try to explain it to me. It`ll just confuse me more. I don`t plan to come back in here anyway. Maybe ya`ll are trying to enlighten the masses, but I kinda doubt it.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Jesus Christ didn't secede from the world, He is/was never of it.

If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.

The ekklessia is what knows this.

And will.
We are of this world and have to live in it. Some of us, anyway. I try to speak the language of this world, too. Not riddles and cryptic metaphors.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
We are of this world and have to live in it. Some of us, anyway. I try to speak the language of this world, too. Not riddles and cryptic metaphors.

There’s sender-message-receiver thing. For one to be contributing the message must be understandable by the receiver. That’s how it works in my world.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
There’s sender-message-receiver thing. For one to be contributing the message must be understandable by the receiver. That’s how it works in my world.
Some people are not of this world. And don't care if their message is understandable, apparently.

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy

I am a plain man, and speak a plain English. I understand better when spoken to in plain every day English language. I think most American are and do understand better that way.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I am a plain man, and speak a plain English. I understand better when spoken to in plain every day English language. I think most American are and do understand better that way.
Except for the ones who have delusions of intellectualism. Boy, that was a big word for a hillbilly, wasn't it? :bounce:

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
If you want to use an analogy, if someone is hungry and you give them something unrecognizable, did you feed them.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Yes. You can also feed someone without them knowing it.

I would argue at some point an understanding takes place, then or later.

brutally honest

I bet they would eat more and get more out of the meal, if it resembles the 'taters and beans they are use to seeing on their plate, instead of snails and raw squid

“I don’t eat nothing with four colors. I like plain food with no seasoning. Well-done and nothing fancy."

-- Lefty Kreh, famous fly fisherman

Madman

The RCC, the Orthodox Church, the continuing Anglican Church, and others, who keep the traditions and teachings of the ancient Catholic Church do not ordain women to the priesthood and they do not consecrate women bishops.

There is a good reason for it.