Mexico Drug Cartels

LTZ25

What will president Trump be able to do about the murders today when the coward Mexico president refuses permission for U S soldiers to hunt them down .

GeorgiaBob

Recall all US citizens from Mexico.

Direct all US based carriers (air and sea) to not call at Mexican ports.

Close the border. Do not let people or goods cross between the USA and Mexico.

Impose giant tariffs on goods from Mexico.

Repudiate NAFTA even though the replacement treaty has not been approved on Capitol Hill.

Ban all air traffic originating or passing through Mexico.

Stop all money transfers from the US to Mexico.

Recall the US Ambassador to Mexico.

Close the US Embassy.

There are a lot of things the US can do. Most of the above actions can be taken by the President WITHOUT approval from Congress!

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
I use to love to go to Mexico. I have been going there for nearly 50 years. It is no longer safe, nor a viable option.

I am surprised that people still book vacations there.

GT90

And just let the murder of 9 Americans citizens go .

Did the family make a decision to live there? If a US citizen chooses to make a questionable decision in a foreign country (living there) and gets into trouble, should there be an automatic US response? What if a foreign individual in the US legally was killed by a thug? Should we expect that nation to send their military into our country for retribution? Serious questions and I have only seen the news reports from this morning so I may have dated info.

DAVE

The U.S. should treat the drug cartels just like they do with any other terror group. Locate their players at their drug warehouses, their manufacturing sites, their homes and send a armed drone with what ever fits the situation and kill them on site. The cartels and the gangs with their soldiers present just as great a threat to America as any other terrorist group.

LTZ25

If a foreign citizen is murdered in America the the law would do what is needed to find the killers esp. if it involves children BUT Mexico is a county run by the drug cartels and will not lift a finger to punish these monsters .

GT90

If a foreign citizen is murdered in America the the law would do what is needed to find the killers esp. if it involves children BUT Mexico is a county run by the drug cartels and will not lift a finger to punish these monsters .

They made a choice to live there knowing full well the situation they were choosing. Not sure why they chose to live there but the chances of something bad happening were alot larger than if they lived in the US. Does my heart go out to the family? Yes. Do I think we should begin armed actions in a soverien country because of this alone. No. All that said, I do expect there will be some kind of retaliation from the US whether it be political, economical or something else. I won't complain if it takes out the ones who did this. I will probably raise a glass to the ones that carryit out.

Lukikus2

Yep.

Anyone with any common sense wouldn't live down there. That's a Mexican problem not OUR problem.

The same family had two members kidnapped and murdered by a cartel 10 years ago.

And the news was that the family had lived there upwards of 30 years. A three SUV caravan traveling together. I'm waiting for the facts.

nkbigdog

I heard a Female Democrat in I think the Senate say, that Trump will use this for another reason to justify the Wall...But aren't they the ones that use every school shooting, to push for removing our 2A rights? BUILD THE WALL!

LTZ25

I agree. the murder victims were fools to live in that dump , but hate to see the children murdered . Build the wall .

Hooked On Quack

REV`REND DR LUV
And that is the question - why were they living in there?

Use to go down there dove/quail hunting. Biggest crap hole I've ever been too and we were in a guarded resort.