Michael Vick 30 for 30

transfixer

Dog fighting and cock fighting is done for the sadistic enjoyment of those involved, as well as betting purposes, deliberately putting animals in a situation where they will suffer pain and probable death for no other reason than the enjoyment of those watching, or making money off the event. And then when an animal loses a fight and is badly hurt, instead of giving it medical attention , they are drowned or killed because they are of no further use to the owner ? that is telling to the character of that person.

Huge difference in that and trapping a nuisance animal, which are humanely dispatched as soon as encountered. No hunter that I know of intentionally wounds an animal to watch it suffer, no fisherman takes pleasure out of knowing he's causing pain to a baitfish,

There are numerous accounts of hunters, or fisherman rescuing animals that were trying to swim across a lake, or stranded on a frozen lake, and put themselves at risk trying to help the animal, deer caught in barbed wire fences rescued and released by deer hunters, bucks locked together that were separated by hunters and let go,

If hunters and fisherman were in the same category as Vick, in all those instances they would have either watched the animals suffer their predicament, or would have killed them when they were at a disadvantage,

Its actually pretty sad that the difference has to be pointed out. smh

ddavis1120

But as long as he played football and helped win games, he gets a free pass?

What free pass? The man paid his debt to society in Leavenworth Kansas. He declared bankruptcy but ended up paying back all his creditors. The time out of the game cost him more than most people will make in a lifetime. Doesn't sound like a pass much less a free one.

You can condemn him, never forgive him, curse his family but to somehow insinuate that he got a free pass is disingenuous at best.

And no I don't want my daughter to marry a guy with an alias like Ron Mexico ;-)!

oldguy

I recently ran up a $700.00 vet bill for a pit bull somebody had dumped out and was nearly starved when I found him. Had to feed him for a week to gain his confidence. Turned out to be a loving playful dude. Animal control got wind of him being out there and me feeding him (some buzy body called). It was way out in the country and I knew the landowner. Wasn't hurting a thing. AC lady gave me a lecture on the dangers of pit bulls. I probably owned 'em longer than she's been alive. "Red" was declared by the vet to either have the worst case of heart worms he'd ever seen or cancer mastisized in his lungs nothing he could do. RIP 'ol Red dog.
If it'd been any other dog I'd probably handled it differently, but got a soft spot for pit bulls.

Doghunter11

Dog fighting and cock fighting is done for the sadistic enjoyment of those involved, as well as betting purposes, deliberately putting animals in a situation where they will suffer pain and probable death for no other reason than the enjoyment of those watching, or making money off the event. And then when an animal loses a fight and is badly hurt, instead of giving it medical attention , they are drowned or killed because they are of no further use to the owner ? that is telling to the character of that person.

Huge difference in that and trapping a nuisance animal, which are humanely dispatched as soon as encountered. No hunter that I know of intentionally wounds an animal to watch it suffer, no fisherman takes pleasure out of knowing he's causing pain to a baitfish,

There are numerous accounts of hunters, or fisherman rescuing animals that were trying to swim across a lake, or stranded on a frozen lake, and put themselves at risk trying to help the animal, deer caught in barbed wire fences rescued and released by deer hunters, bucks locked together that were separated by hunters and let go,

If hunters and fisherman were in the same category as Vick, in all those instances they would have either watched the animals suffer their predicament, or would have killed them when they were at a disadvantage,

Its actually pretty sad that the difference has to be pointed out. smh
I agree with pretty much all of that. I think most of what I said has been taken differently then how it was intended. It’s never ok to try to inflict as much pain and suffering as you can on an animal I was just pointing out how people view hurting a dog so differently from hurting any other animal. It’s a common practice to catch a squirrel or coon in a cage to train a pup. Most people even shoot them out and let the dog finish them off yet if the county marshal thinks your dogs food or water bowl is to dirty you can receive a citation. There’s no doubt I think more highly of my dogs than I do most people but I think the expected care needed for a dog now days is getting out of control (not talking about how Vick treated them). Let the wrong person figure out your hunting dog slept outside in a covered dog house in a 35 degree rain and they look at you like you just slapped their kid

transfixer

I agree with pretty much all of that. I think most of what I said has been taken differently then how it was intended. It’s never ok to try to inflict as much pain and suffering as you can on an animal I was just pointing out how people view hurting a dog so differently from hurting any other animal. It’s a common practice to catch a squirrel or coon in a cage to train a pup. Most people even shoot them out and let the dog finish them off yet if the county marshal thinks your dogs food or water bowl is to dirty you can receive a citation. There’s no doubt I think more highly of my dogs than I do most people but I think the expected care needed for a dog now days is getting out of control (not talking about how Vick treated them). Let the wrong person figure out your hunting dog slept outside in a covered dog house in a 35 degree rain and they look at you like you just slapped their kid

That is because dogs,, and cats,, have been domesticated and in most cases have become part of peoples family, so they tend to be viewed differently than a wild animal, but some people and organizations carry treatment of animals to the extreme, Peta, HSUS, and others, in my view animals were put here for our use, either for food, service, or companionship, its something that evokes a lot of different emotions in different people.

joepuppy

If you trust one, you are an absolute idiot. They can be really sweet for years. Then they flip out for no reason. You ever seen a three-year-old girl ripped apart by one of those loveable creatures that was such a nice dog for years? You ever had to kill one that was attacking you for no reason? It's not the owner, it's the dog. There may be some that are ok, but I will never trust one. They may be sweet to you and kill your neighbor, or they may turn on you, too. I've seen way too much evidence in person not to. You can hate me all you want to. There's a reason why pitbulls account for the vast, vast majority of fatal dog attacks and dog maimings, even though they are a very low percentage of dogs owned in the US. The same reason blueticks tree coons and beagles run rabbits. Genetics. Pitbulls kill and maim people, as I've seen myself way too many times. Keep your head in the sand and repeat the koolaid propaganda. Dogs ain't dogs. Each breed was developed for a specific purpose. You may take each dog on a dog to dog basis, but tell me how many of those beagles or Brittany Spaniels kill the neighbor's kid. It happens every single day with a pitbull.

Any breed of dog can bite you. Very few breeds don't stop until you're dead when they decide to bite you. One of them statistically, as a matter of fact.

I have. Only it was my 7 yr. old niece. wasn't a pit bull, it was a rottweiler. I've shyed away from most large breed dogs at my house since. Toting a small casket down the aisle will forever change your outlook.

dirtnap

I absolutely love dogs with all my heart. I absolutely hate pitbulls with a black passion.
Another one is a chow. When I was a kid they were everywhere and then I guess people started figuring out they were crazy as a sprayed roach. I don’t know how many times I heard of them attacking their owners. I haven’t seen one now in probably 25 years

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Another one is a chow. When I was a kid they were everywhere and then I guess people started figuring out they were crazy as a sprayed roach. I don’t know how many times I heard of them attacking their owners. I haven’t seen one now in probably 25 years
Yeah, they can be nasty, and they're big enough to be dangerous. In my experience, the black chows are usually pretty friendly, but the red ones are usually mean as the devil.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I have. Only it was my 7 yr. old niece. wasn't a pit bull, it was a rottweiler. I've shyed away from most large breed dogs at my house since. Toting a small casket down the aisle will forever change your outlook.
That is the breed responsible for most of the folks killed by dogs that pitbulls didn't get.

SpotandStalk

so... how many of you Vick sympathizers would want him married to your daughter???

Crickets.............

He’s good when he’s winning football games for you.

I wouldn't want Vick married to my daughter but it has nothing to do with a few mutts. If he were, I wouldn't hold what he did to a few dogs against him, as I've killed animals too.

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
I wouldn't want Vick married to my daughter but it has nothing to do with a few mutts. If he were, I wouldn't hold what he did to a few dogs against him, as I've killed animals too.
How many of those animals have you lit on fire? Beaten to death? Made bets with your buddy on how long it could suffer before it dies?

I’ve killed just about every animal that walks or swims in the south and many other species from other states.

I’ve never “intentionally” tortured any of them. Most sane human beings wouldn’t.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Y'all 'bout got all this figured out yet?

Big7

The Oracle
Wow........some of you have a long way to go.

Indeed !! My thoughts EXACTLY !!!

That dumb move by Vick was a product of being from "the hood". And an environment that he could not control.

Kids from "the hood" have a lot to overcome, especially when a $110 million contract is thrown into that mix. Those kids are not equipped to handle that.

I think he paid his dues to society. Over paid. Lot of folk get less time for doing far worse than Vick did.

With all his social work and so forth he is redeemed in my eyes.

SpotandStalk

How many of those animals have you lit on fire? Beaten to death? Made bets with your buddy on how long it could suffer before it dies?

I’ve killed just about every animal that walks or swims in the south and many other species from other states.

I’ve never “intentionally” tortured any of them. Most sane human beings wouldn’t.

I'm pretty sure it makes no never mind to the animal that you didn't intend to torture it.?

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
We're working on it Elfiii.

I'll check back in a week or so and see what y'all came up with. Is a week enough time or do y'all need more? :bounce: