Michael Vick 30 for 30

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
If my Pitbull bites you.. You deserve it.

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
Dogs, deer, fish, cows, hogs, horses, chickens are all animals. If you've ever killed or maimed any of em then you've got something in common with Ol Vick
Ever made a bad shot and maimed a deer? Watched a tracking dog somebody turned loose latching onto a nearly dead buck?

How about some hog hunters shooting hogs in the gut and letting them run off to die? Taking pics of their kill with guts hanging half out.

Putting a baitfish on a hook in hope of catching a larger fish??

Trapping coyotes??

Ripping or biting the head off a dove that's still alive??

All can be viewed as torture
So putting a baitfish on a hook, then keeping him on a string until something eats him alive isnt torture?
I wouldn't want Vick married to my daughter but it has nothing to do with a few mutts. If he were, I wouldn't hold what he did to a few dogs against him, as I've killed animals too.

So did you torture them like a sportsman?
Or torture them like Vick?
Same thing? Or different?

Browning Slayer

Dogs, deer, fish, cows, hogs, horses, chickens are all animals. If you've ever killed or maimed any of em then you've got something in common with Ol Vick

I've got nothing in common with that piece of trash. If I could get him alone for about an hour I could say I had something in common with him. Cause I sure would let some aggressive dogs have their way with him.

mark-7mag

Useless Billy Director of transpotation
Lotsa good insight in here

Mr Bya Lungshot

BANNED LUNATIC FRINGE
Huh? He did is time and one of the few I feel have been really remorseful since. He's doing well and came out of this a better person.
Oh... Boo... hoo.... hooo.....

Vick should still be in jail. He's a piece of garbage that ran a multi state dog killing factory. He was the kingpin of the operation.
After seeing where and how he grew up I can see how someone could get caught up in that sort of thing. I believe that all he ever wanted was to get as many friends and family out of the projects which he did. Unfortunately a few were bad. He went to prison and did his time and is very remorseful. I can’t expect God to forgive me for things I’ve done if I cant forgive Mike Vick. In the end, no humans were harmed, only dogs. And yes, I have dogs
I believe the race card was played because he got a sentence FOUR TIMES any previous violations.

So he got 4x the jail sentence as anyone in history, but that wasn't enough?
I thought it was a great show. It's always nice to see both sides. He could have very well been the best quarterback in NFL history if he only would have studied, worked harder, and get his mind right. Dude to could accurately throw a football out of sight and run like a deer.

He had an incredible support system and turned his back on it. Dan Reeves and Arthur blank we're his biggest fans. What could have been
Ditto. What a wasted talent. After what he did to the Falcons, I still don’t get why they keep bringing him back.
ALL have sinned and come short of the glory of GOD.
Forgiveness is different from not forgetting.:wink:
Lotsa good insight in here
He coulda won the SuperBowl.
Just saying.

SpotandStalk

I've got nothing in common with that piece of trash. If I could get him alone for about an hour I could say I had something in common with him. Cause I sure would let some aggressive dogs have their way with him.

Sure you do.

Vick has already shown he isn't scared of an aggressive dog

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
I don’t care what anybody says, Spotty. You’re right about this. Before any of you wannabe tough guys start in on me, don’t waste the key strokes. I don’t care what you think and I have good reason to feel ok about my own manliness so your outrage would be put to better use elsewhere. As hunters and fishermen we do some pretty brutal things to animals on a regular basis and they suffer at least some of the time. Lotta cherry picking going on in here and a lot of folks lying to themselves. I’m not going to stop hunting or fishing and agree that Vick deserved what he got. But let’s not get on our high horse about inflicting pain and suffering on animals because all of us do it.

1eyefishing

I want waste many keystrokes. If I, as a sportsman, am going to be compared to Michael Vick's purposeless and purposeful infliction of pain and suffering on animals, I just don't know what to say.

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
I want waste many keystrokes. If I, as a sportsman, am going to be compared to Michael Vick's purposeless and purposeful infliction of pain and suffering on animals, I just don't know what to say.
Then don’t say anything. And there was no “comparison” beyond stating the simple fact that as hunters and fisherman we hurt and kill animals all the time so there is no need to act like we don’t.

1eyefishing

So, if I purposely gut shot a deer so I could then walk up to it and beat it to death with a baseball bat, I wouldn't be any further from the essence of hunting and fishing than Michael Vick was?
There is a difference. If you can't see it, well...
I'll still defend my actions as way more noble than his.
Yes I know it's violent and deadly, especially for the individual animal. But sportsmen do not purposely inflict the torture and cruelty that Vick showed.
If you want to lump all sportsmen in the same category as Michael Vick, are you proud to be one?

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
So, if I purposely gut shot a deer so I could then walk up to it and beat it to death with a baseball bat, I wouldn't be any further from the essence of hunting and fishing than Michael Vick was?
There is a difference. If you can't see it, well...
I'll still defend my actions as way more noble than his.
Yes I know it's violent and deadly, especially for the individual animal. But sportsmen do not purposely inflict the torture and cruelty that Vick showed.
If you want to lump all sportsmen in the same category as Michael Vick, are you proud to be one?
Whoa cowboy. I guess you missed the part about me being a hunter and fisherman too. And nobody said you were the same as Vick. I said we all inflict pain on them and kill them and there is some self righteousness going on here is what I said. If that ain’t you then don’t get your hackles up.?

1eyefishing

The gist I got from responses in this thread was that the 'torture' we inflict from hunting and fishing is on the level of Michael Vick's.
We all have something in common with him.

Doghunter11

The gist I got from responses in this thread was that the 'torture' we inflict from hunting and fishing is on the level of Michael Vick's.
We all have something in common with him.
I think you and a lot of other people are reading more then what has been posted. I dont think anyone here thinks what Vick did was acceptable just stating that for any sportsman who hunts or fishes you definitely inflict a lot of pain on animals for your pleasure whether you want them to suffer or not. I hunt and fish and I’m guilty, I’ve made bad shots and have had fish swallow a hook and I know that animal suffered a great deal before they died.

1eyefishing

I think you and a lot of other people are reading more then what has been posted. I dont think anyone here thinks what Vick did was acceptable just stating that for any sportsman who hunts or fishes you definitely inflict a lot of pain on animals for your pleasure whether you want them to suffer or not. I hunt and fish and I’m guilty, I’ve made bad shots and have had fish swallow a hook and I know that animal suffered a great deal before they died.

Agreed, but I will stand and defend until I die the difference between what sportsmen do and what Michael Vick did.

1eyefishing

... And if you note carefully, the posted I reacted to was edited about 5 minutes after I reacted to it. I should have quoted it, even I can't remember what it said originally...

Browning Slayer

If your pitbull bites me, it will die - execution style.
If he bites you, you’re on my property and I don’t think you’ll get that chance to draw that weapon.

Good try though!:cheers:

TinKnocker

I have heard the 30-4-30 is pretty good. Need to find time to watch it.

Browning Slayer

I don’t care what anybody says, Spotty. You’re right about this. Before any of you wannabe tough guys start in on me, don’t waste the key strokes. I don’t care what you think and I have good reason to feel ok about my own manliness so your outrage would be put to better use elsewhere. As hunters and fishermen we do some pretty brutal things to animals on a regular basis and they suffer at least some of the time. Lotta cherry picking going on in here and a lot of folks lying to themselves. I’m not going to stop hunting or fishing and agree that Vick deserved what he got. But let’s not get on our high horse about inflicting pain and suffering on animals because all of us do it.
Sorry Brad, I'll never get on board with ^that^ way of thinking.

Vick hung dogs with para-cord over a 2x4 nailed to a tree. He stuck their heads in buckets of water and killed them. These were just a couple ways he killed these dogs. That's just what he got caught for. How bad were the other things that piece of garbage did for "fun"..

Comparing him to an outdoorsman is flat out retarded.

That would be like comparing me to Jameis Winston cause we both get crab legs from Publix as I'm in the check out line and he's running for the door while carrying a gun.

And that's just from a legality standpoint.. We don't even have to get into the moral side of it.

Michael Vick is a parasite. Someone that did a ton of bad things that other people had to clean up. If you go around creating messes for others to clean up. You are a parasite. This world belongs to all of us and we all live in it. Just imagine if this world was full of Michael Vicks and imagine a world filled with Outdoorsman. Which world would you want to live in?

And we can't even post the pictures in here of his victims. It would go against the rules. See the difference?

Last edited: