Mid day score

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Dang!

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Man, that's a nice one. Looks like fairly good grade NC rhyolite.

Hillbilly stalker

Found in near a old reservoir bout 20 miles south of the NC line as the crow flies. Reckon it’s a spear point ?

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
That’s one fine rock chiseled out by a man.
Congrats ????

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
Found in near a old reservoir bout 20 miles south of the NC line as the crow flies. Reckon it’s a spear point ?
I’m no expert. I would tend to believe with the slant a little by the base is may of been a knife deal.
Just a guess.
Let’s see what the more advanced say.

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
One side looks more worn and resparpened.
I would hate to get
Hit with it either way.

walkinboss01

Very nice find. Congrats

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Those Savannah River points were made in the late Archaic, when the atlatl was the main weapon. I think they were used both as atlatl dart points and knives. I'd say most of the bigger ones were used maily as knives. I've found a couple over the years that have worked broad round tips that were likely used for carving the insides of soapstone bowls.

Pig Predator

Useles Billy’s Fishel Hog Killer ?
Creek bed feeding a reservior
Closest thing I've found on a creek bed is the top half of a broke that had happen to work it's way down on the edge of a spring head. It was steep terrain in a valley about 300 yds from the ridge(2800 ft). I was stoked even being a broke as it was the first crystal quartz I'd found serrated. I looked forever for the bottom half to no avail.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Of the hundreds of points I've found over the years, exactly one of them came from a creek. A nice little Yadkin arrowpoint with a nice patina.