Mid-west Georgia Area processors

groundhawg

Joined a new club in Heard County for this coming hunting season and would like to locate a good processor. I live in the Newnan area so most of these would be close to either where I will be hunting or where I live. Please comment/advise me any information about the places listed or others in the area you know.

Thanks.

This is an old list of deer processors so I am not sure if all are still in business.

Coweta Co.
• Brown’s Processing, 520 Poplar Rd., Newnan.
• Charles Moore Cooler, 264 Oliver Potts Rd., Newnan, (770) 251-0910.
• Roscoe Deer Processing, 2722 Roscoe Rd., Newnan, (770) 253-0234.
• Sportsman’s Deer Cooler, 34 Addy St., Haralson, (770) 599-6004.
• Moore’s Deer Processing, 692 Bexton Rd., Moreland, (770) 251-2534

Fulton Co.
• D&R (Palmetto) Deer Processing, 11750 Hutchison Ferry Rd. Palmetto, (770) 463-3337.

Troup Co.
• Prescott Deer Processing and Taxidermy, 3056 New Franklin Rd., Lagrange, (706) 882-7997.
• West Georgia Taxidermy and Deer Processing, Hwy 109 West, Lagrange, (706) 884-1483.

Dustin Pate

Administrator
Staff member
I would shoot on up Hwy. 27 about 10-12 minutes out of Franklin to Roopville and use North's Deer Processing.

Darcy

We usually use D&R in palmetto, always have had a good experience with them. (we live in tyrone, so thats the closest). They even stayed open a little late when we called to see if they were still open and said we were bringing a deer in.

tried out Sportsmans last year, and was a little frustrated that they only wrapped the meat in paper... makes a mess when thawing! Oh yeh, and they lost the antlers of Roger's dad's first buck. I was pretty upset about that.

Ace1313

J&H Deer processing just outside of Whitesburg. Quality people who do a great job.

groundhawg

Thanks for the comments and information. Darcy, sorry, Miss Darcy, the D&R sounds like a good choice since I live near the CannonGate area and my Son off highway 29 just south of Palmetto so that would be close to both of us. I hope they will be in business again this year.

If anyone had other suggestions please let me know.

whitworth

Thankful,

I shot a small deer one year, smaller than expected, and refused to go and pay a processor fee for it.

Been butchering my deer since then.

groundhawg

you must not be too far from me at all then.... and I too hope they are open this year!

Yes we are just about neighbors. Live just across the country line in Coweta County. We moved there in 1993 when by job in Columbus ended and I was transferred to Atlanta.

I remember when the only places to eat in Tyrone were the Shamrock Café near the fire station and the place that sells wings next to the school. Still think his are about the best around. Oh yea and Catfish Hollar use be there before moving to Thomas Crossroads.

Anyway thanks again for the information and I got a phone number for the place in Palmetto. It is 770-463-DEER or 463-3337 so I can call and see if they are still open.

Darcy

Hahaha... I think I'm right across the county line from you in fayette. We moved here in '94, and Harold definitely has the best wings around.