Middle Georgia Dove Hunting 2022

DontTreadOnMe13

Middle Georgia Dove Hunting 2022

With dove opener behind us, how many are plannin on hunting the second weekend of the season or will you be starting the bow season this weekend? Any tips for new dove hunters entering the public fields?

chase870

Possum Sox
I'd rather shoot birds any time I can. As far as tips go see if you can find birds if so decoys will help with birds that have been shot at. My favorite decoys will sit upright in a power line

Bigearl68

Went this morning. Sat under the shelter waiting on the rain to quit, which it never did. Birds weren’t moving so me and the dog drove around a while scouting and found much of the same.

DontTreadOnMe13

I went to Perry Saturday for my first public hunt, no rain until the afternoon. I'm thankful their weren't too many people out there however I was baptized with a low shooter 40yds out haha thankfully I was in the brush
I brought my MOJO with but left my clip on decoys behind
My brand new single shot malfunctioned on me so I switched to the 100 year old Remington model 10 and got me at least one bird to take home
It may only be one bird but I'm still thankful for it and the perfect morning spent with the lady hunting.