Military History Trivia

Resica

Mr. Marvin, Mr. Jim, Westcobbdog, myself and many others had a Civil War thread going on for years. I believe we all enjoyed it but we ran out of questions to ask for the most part. Anyone interested in a military history thread. Could be any war anyone is interested in, could be equipment, battles or anything else. Anybody interested? Thank you!

Big7

The Oracle
Sounds good.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Good idea !!!

Who made this statement

“ We have nothing to fear but fear itself “

Big7

The Oracle
Who charged San Juan Hill?

Resica

Who was the executive officer of the 5th Army Corps and commander of the cavalry division( dismounted) at San Juan Hill? He had a lengthy military career in 2 armies.

fishfryer

frying fish driveler
Who was the executive officer of the 5th Army Corps and commander of the cavalry division( dismounted) at San Juan Hill? He had a lengthy military career in 2 armies.
Black Jack Pershing

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
Who charged San Juan Hill?
Leonard Wood. He helped form the outfit with Teddy and is one of my favorite people of all time. He also got himself involved with the capture of Geronimo and coached GT to a win over UGA.
Joe Wheeler

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
What US WWII general officer had used his revolver when a junior officer in a previous engagement with one of Poncho Villa's lieutenants?

Resica

I remember asking this in the civil war thread before. Who was the first American general killed in WW2 in Europe? His g grandfather was a famous civil war cavalry general.

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
Patton is the man. They killed 3 and strapped them to the hoods of their cars for the return to their unit.