Millennium M7 Microlite

crucible02

Anyone else running this stand as a public land or quick hang option?

I just picked one up with some gift cards I got for Christmas. I am a climbing stand guy but wanted to try a different set up for public land/run and gun type scenarios.

From the pics, you’ll see I switched out the ratchet on the receiver for a cam buckle and added a quick cam strap to the base to secure it. Other than that, I know I want to add a hip belt and figure out a way to attach my climbing sticks.

Just wondering if there are any first hand experiences with modifications that get this stand in that sweet spot.

Attachments

• 88976993-6482-42AE-A792-5EE30EB6B3B6.jpeg
    88976993-6482-42AE-A792-5EE30EB6B3B6.jpeg
    398.8 KB · Views: 69
  • CB038095-568F-4F66-86A9-54723E5301D4.jpeg
    CB038095-568F-4F66-86A9-54723E5301D4.jpeg
    481.1 KB · Views: 71

Gut_Pile

No personal experience with one but search threads on Archery Talk and Bowsite. There will be someone with modifications on there and more than likely several people

Gut_Pile

7 pages worth right here

Gut_Pile

psedna

UAEC
I did the same, replaced the original cam lock belt with a lone wolf belt with two loops on either end that go in the receiver and you pull tighter around the tree. I feel safest with the chain receiver but I hate putting it on a tree and its noisy not to use same am of hunting, I normally put a tree step beneath or through the chain to keep it from slipping until I can get the stand in the receiver and then it locks down really good. I also use a second belt in top or next to top "hole" for redundacy with the modified receiver, and I use a third belt at the normal bottom of the stand to keep it stable. Along with safety harness, feel pretty good from safety perspective...

BamaGeorgialine

Anyone else running this stand as a public land or quick hang option?

I just picked one up with some gift cards I got for Christmas. I am a climbing stand guy but wanted to try a different set up for public land/run and gun type scenarios.

From the pics, you’ll see I switched out the ratchet on the receiver for a cam buckle and added a quick cam strap to the base to secure it. Other than that, I know I want to add a hip belt and figure out a way to attach my climbing sticks.

Just wondering if there are any first hand experiences with modifications that get this stand in that sweet spot.
They sell that stand with a four stick system where they snap into the back of the stand for carrying.

BamaGeorgialine

I also have six ratchet receivers that I put up and typically carry the stand in and out with each hunt. The ratchet is extremely easier and faster than the chain. I have several chains and I hate them. They are hard to carry, heavy, loud, and tend to slip unless you can find a knot of a hardwood tree for it to rest on. Let me say when I say they slip, I mean when trying to hang them. I've never had one slip while hunting. Sometimes they won't sit level either