Miller and Early Co hogs.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Good luck thinning them out son.
Believe land around or near me is raising the hogs that keeps showing up. Mostly to the west and nw of us. Although, have a farmer several miles south asking me to kill hogs on his farm. They seem to be everywhere. Folks at lake Seminole are having hog problems too.

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
Believe land around or near me is raising the hogs that keeps showing up. Mostly to the west and nw of us. Although, have a farmer several miles south asking me to kill hogs on his farm. They seem to be everywhere. Folks at lake Seminole are having hog problems too.
We got them too. Now that the hunters are gone and not feeding corn. They going to my food plots rutting them up. Getting nut grass. It will catch up with them soon or later. I’ll shoot what I can. we don’t pour corn out to keep them here. The one that do. They shoot them then dump them on us. They will get caught too. I’m just keeping quiet til I catch them illegal dumping.

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
Guess it’s my fault I have such critters. Lols ?
You will never get rid of them. Thin it out maybe. But a sow can have littters of 8 on average twice a year or more.

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
Oh yea. I’m the tractor man going over it. You think I want to feed up hogs. ?

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Back some years ago, it was possible to drive around our gate. People dragged dead cows, hogs, etc around the gate and left them for us to smell several hundred yards inside the gate. People would also throw bags with dead cats or dogs across the gate. We had to put up a camera, and a sign noting, the gate was being watched. That stopped it. That created another problem. Local fellow would come by camp and cuss everybody out, claiming we were dumping animal remains on him. One of the cows was dragged from his property onto us, so I didn't have much patience with him. I could have turned him in the day he dragged the cow in, but didn't. Just let him know I would the next time.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
We've had new gates stolen. Junk from burned house dumped on us etc. Makes it necessary for me to keep a check on the property very often. If they can't cut the chain, they bring a torch. Even had a poacher back in the 90's. He quit after I let him know who he was and what brand of cigarettes he smoked.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Friend of mine in Early County has trapped over 400 hogs off his place in the last couple of years. They`re being released around there by somebody. Some of these hogs are farm stock.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Correct, some of the hogs we kill look like they just came out of somebody's pen. Finest I've ever seen in the woods.

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
Friend of mine in Early County has trapped over 400 hogs off his place in the last couple of years. They`re being released around there by somebody. Some of these hogs are farm stock.
You have seen some the pics I’ve posted. Old farms here years ago had escapee pigs and they probably let some roam free to fatten cheap. the true piney rooter are far and few between. I had some at my fla place.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
You have seen some the pics I’ve posted. Old farms here years ago had escapee pigs and they probably let some roam free to fatten cheap. the true piney rooter are far and few between. I had some at my fla place.

Possibly, but a couple of these places I`ve hunted off an on for over 35 years, and I can remember when there were no hogs in this particular area. I`m also seeing hogs and finding sign around Seminole too. Places that surely had no hogs 40 years ago.

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
Them Havelina‘s out west look neat and seem to be a true wild hog for them parts. They getting the stock breeds now gone wild.

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
Possibly, but a couple of these places I`ve hunted off an on for over 35 years, and I can remember when there were no hogs in this particular area.
Hogs 20 years ago here where not near as many. Past 20 even fewer. Yeap your right.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
It's a rough ride on a tractor going over hog rooting. They're hitting some of our roads too. Soft ground in our area has pond worms in it. Hogs love em.
Have found fertilizer runs the worms from the plots. Then the hogs go after what's planted. No win.

sleepr71

They’ll do the same thing to a nice hayfield as they did to that food plot ?. Summertime is when they are worst here. ANY nut grass & they’ll wreck a field in a few nights! I have to shoot & trap year round to keep our place intolerable ?

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Recent plot damage

Attachments

• ploton2and5.jpg
    ploton2and5.jpg
    924.1 KB · Views: 22

sleepr71

Now imagine that being a crop field,with Thousands of dollars of seed & fertilizer just planted!! Or a nice Hayfield,that I cut 3X a season. If you figure 3 bales/acre..3X/year...that’s 9 bales/acre that they cost me each year. They ruined about 15 acres last year on my biggest fields before I caught them. About $6000 of Hay lost...and..I have to spend DAYS on a tractor harrowing & trying to smooth it all back out. I absolutely despise them...and I’m a small time Farmer..?