MLB rule changes. Your thoughts?

bullgator

Abner Doubleday's game was perfect just like it was. This isn't baseball anymore. It's become some kind of monetized joke.
Like all pro sports. The thing is, they’re losing us long time and old school fans. They younger and new fans will accept this and be fine with any changes…….until they get older. That’s across all pro, and soon to be college, sports.

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
There was talk last year of AI stuff and replays on the strike zone. I think they are playing with it in the minors.
What they are playing with in the minors is the computer calling balls and strikes. At least that is what I read somewhere.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Like all pro sports. The thing is, they’re losing us long time and old school fans. They younger and new fans will accept this and be fine with any changes…….until they get older. That’s across all pro, and soon to be college, sports.

That's why this year I'll likely be down to College football as far as team sports go and once NIL trashes that this year I'll be able to 100% focus on hunting and fishing.

BornToHuntAndFish

Going to take some time to get use to the new MLB changes.

FoiIpj8XEAEn23W

FoiIqemXsAIw7fR

elfiii

Admin
Staff member

I doubt it. They have never lived during a time when any team sport was played according to the original rules so they have no clue what the difference is. Reckon any of them could sit through 25 innings and 8 hours even if they have plenty of beer and a full charge on their cell phone? 90% of them would walk after the top half of the 10th.

bullgator

I doubt it. They have never lived during a time when any team sport was played according to the original rules so they have no clue what the difference is. Reckon any of them could sit through 25 innings and 8 hours even if they have plenty of beer and a full charge on their cell phone? 90% of them would walk after the top half of the 10th.

Then let me clarify…..they’ll accept it enough to keep the leagues going because they won’t know the purer forms of the games.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Then let me clarify…..they’ll accept it enough to keep the leagues going because they won’t know the purer forms of the games.

Yep. Who cares about us Boomers and our old school ways anyhow?

walukabuck

Watching the braves right now. 4 innings in the books in one hour. I like it, the game is moving along with some flow. Now the talk of shortening college football games I don't like, those are long because of television. You spend most of your time in the stands waiting on a football game to break out.

DAWG1419

Watching the braves right now. 4 innings in the books in one hour. I like it, the game is moving along with some flow. Now the talk of shortening college football games I don't like, those are long because of television. You spend most of your time in the stands waiting on a football game to break out.
Wait till you see them run the clock when they have an incomplete pass in college. That’s one of the things being discussed

Doboy Dawg

At this rate of MLB wokeness the Savannah Bananas are the future of MLB. Do away with extra innings altogether. Both teams get a trophy at the end of the game. The first 1,000 fans get a bobble head doll.

We need a super wild card expanded playoff that allows the Cuban and Japanese teams in.

While they’re at it just bring back the cardboard Covid fans and let every team play a abbreviated schedule like OSU:ROFLMAO:

Give the umpires 3 minute egg timers, 3 batters 3 minutes for each team, that’ll speed the game up.

I think I’d rather go to our local rec park and watch a tee ball game. At least those kids want to play!