Mock Scrape Bucks

Killdee

Heres a pic or 2 from a scrape I started last year and this year again.

Attachments

• DSC01222 (Small).JPG
    DSC01222 (Small).JPG
    59.9 KB · Views: 39,604

Hawken2222

Great pictures. How do you do, and what do you use in your mock scrape's?

Nugefan

Hawken2222 said:
Great pictures. How do you do, and what do you use in your mock scrape's?

my question also ....

Killdee

I brewed this up last year from a guy in Ohio on Hags house, a trailcam building site.You puree 2 apples put in a gallon milk jug, add 1cup of plain household ammonia, twinkle in the jug till its 3/4 to full ,leave loosely covered for a week,then its ready to use.Yeah it reeks .I fill a 16oz soap bottle with it and duct tape the lid for safety.I get lots of pics of deer and other critters checking these scrapes.This buck I got pics of last november and this november during rut week.Ill find last years pic and post later.
KD

Attachments

• DSC01333 (Small).JPG
    DSC01333 (Small).JPG
    68.9 KB · Views: 40,821
Last edited:

Killdee

Here it is,I got severalpics of him last year.and he always has his mouth open.

Attachments

• 2004scrape buck3resize.jpg
    2004scrape buck3resize.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 39,636

Killdee

I too thought it strange....the Ohio guy has bow killed 3 B&C bucks and numerous P&Ys.He runs 20-24 digital cams and gets some amazing pics on his mock scrapes.I just got back from wally world with pics from a film cam on a
Mock scrape I put out on the 13th of nov.I pulled the cam Monday....I been hunting in the wrong place,12 different bucks and a couple of shooters and 2 does fighting.I'llpost a couple when I get em scanned.
Killdee

SuthernStix

Let me make sure I understand this. Puree 2 apples, put in a gallon milk jug then "twinkle" in it till 3/4 full. that's alot of twinkeling. Does it take a special type of twinkle, or will any twinkle do.

Dub

ThickWoods said:
Let me make sure I understand this. Puree 2 apples, put in a gallon milk jug then "twinkle" in it till 3/4 full. that's alot of twinkeling. Does it take a special type of twinkle, or will any twinkle do.

I'd say to get that much you'd have to brew a pot of coffe or two with plenty of water chasers!

Thats a really nice buck you've captured.........wish you the best on getting him.

Killdee

Clay!!!!! where is that lazer pointer you were gona send me.Ive got all my stuff to build my new camera.Hey it may smell bad but does are fighting over me.

uh Killdee

Attachments

• fighting does (Small).jpg
    fighting does (Small).jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 38,703

Todd E

Nice pix, KD. I'm gonna try your formula out next year.
Have you ever built a P41 set up?

wolf3006

Killdee Thanks for the info and pic.I got to try this next season!

Killdee

On the p-41s Ive built 4 and Im starting on another now.Ive also built 2 380s and 6-7 owl ms-20 film cams.You a Hags house guy.