Model Trains

pacecars

I guess I am going through my second (maybe 3rd or 4th actually) childhood and decided to dabble in trains after 40 years without them. I figure I need another hobby and something cheaper besides guns. WRONG! I decided N scale would be the way to go because you can do more with less room. Well they aren’t exactly cheaper. I have bought a couple steam engines and mostly passenger cars and track and a digital controller from some dealers on the internet and then made the mistake of finding some British train magazines and then the websites of UK hobby stores! Well now I have some trains coming from across the pond. This is getting expensive! Any of you guys like to play with trains?

Cmp1

BANNED
Never got into trains,,,,slot cars though,,,,good hobby though,,,,post some pics of your layout,,,,

Jeepnfish

Never could get into them. Tried a couple of times. The layouts people build look real. I do admire their work. Realistic buildings, layout, and rolling stock can fool you with a good photo.

Head East

I’ve often wanted to try the N scale, just for the room issue. I’ve dabbled in O gauge. I have a Few sets my dad had. Pre war. Picked up some post war steamers and diesels, as well as some rolling stock. Biggest issue is having a dedicated space to leave it up. I’d think the N scale would be pretty neat to have.

Flash

Actually I Am QAnon
I got two HO that I got thinking the grand kids would enjoy them, they like but didn't seem to go crazy. Might sell them at a yard sale. I have a couple of G scale at work that we run

Head East

I have one grand that is totally into trains. Has been this way for years. He says he wants to be an engineer. He loves going to Buford to train watch. He really likes the diesels, but is not overly particular. I think he has 4 or 5
O-gauge sets.

Redbow

Being an ex-railroader I have a couple HO scale trains. I have no fancy setup but every year up in Beaufort NC they have a really nice display of trains once each year at the old train depot..Lots of people attend it takes quite a bit of work to lay out all the model railroad equipment they put out up there for the viewing public..

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
I have several HO sets that I have never found the room to set up. I am thinking of putting up a Man Shed for my stuff. Maybe then I'll have space.