Monday Bass with Julian w/pics

Scout'nStripers

This morning I took out Julian and his dad JC. Julian wants to fish on a bass team in his school when he get's old enough so JC and Julian were interested in how this bass fishing stuff works. Julian had never caught a bass before but he could cast pretty good so I tied him on a Sebile and turned him loose. As soon as I turned my back he had one on and brought it in all by himself. That is the bass in the first pic. He got the hang of it pretty quick and he put a pretty good smack down on them. Here's a few pics of Julian's morning.Julian6.jpgJulian3.jpgJulian2.jpgJulian1.jpgJulian.jpgJulian5.jpg

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
That smile on his face tells it all.

Lanier Jim

Awesome Jim! Can't trash talk on you when you do things like this :)

Scout'nStripers

Thanks guys. I think we've helped create another angler. I'm looking forward to seeing Julian's fish skills progress over the next few years.

MTN

Very nice. Way to get the young man on the fish!

Last Saturday Lake Chatuge spots would chase the sebile in natural shiner color aggressively but not fully commit. Was a very hot sunny day still with not much surface activity so many fish were probably still on a mid summer pattern.

Scout'nStripers

Thanks for the kind words guys.
Very nice. Way to get the young man on the fish!

Last Saturday Lake Chatuge spots would chase the sebile in natural shiner color aggressively but not fully commit. Was a very hot sunny day still with not much surface activity so many fish were probably still on a mid summer pattern.
We had a lot of those missed strikes yesterday. I think we're still a few weeks away from a full on good sebile bite.

Rabun

Take a kid fishing :) Looks like you got Julian hooked! Way to get them on some great quality fish Scout'n!

Scout'nStripers

Take a kid fishing :) Looks like you got Julian hooked! Way to get them on some great quality fish Scout'n!
Thanks Rabun. I think this fishing stuff will stick with him for a while. That smile was his Kung Foo smile. I told him to put the Kung Foo grip on them bass when he holds them up and every time I did he started laughing. Fun times.