Montana Turkey

ab30076

Have a trip planned to Montana in April and was wondering if anyone has ever done any turkey hunting out there?

The purpose of the trip isn’t hunting specifically - but would love to get a few hunts in while I’m there.

Not looking for specific locations - just any insights/advice that y’all are willing to share.

Beagler282

“Rabbit Man”
My niece lives there and the turkey come right up near here cabin. Lots of birds out that way.

ab30076

Thanks, Beagler.

What part of the state is she in? Again, not looking for any specific honey holes or anything - just trying to gutcheck the accuracy of the turkey distribution map on MT’s FWP website.

Gator89

Thanks, Beagler.

What part of the state is she in? Again, not looking for any specific honey holes or anything - just trying to gutcheck the accuracy of the turkey distribution map on MT’s FWP website.

The southeast corner of MT is close in habitat to the northeast corner of Wyoming and that is likely where you will find the most birds. Not to say there is not a honey hole pocket somewhere else.

Beagler282

“Rabbit Man”
Thanks, Beagler.

She lives in Billings but her cabin is a little north of there. I've seen some videos she made standing on the porch yelping and the gobblers walking by gobbling at her. Crazy to see something like that.