Moonpie's breakfast Bistro..... What y'all having?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ambush80

Genius at work !!!!!!!!!!!!

That looks super. Reminds me of BoJangles & Chic-Fit-A combined into one bite.

It's my belief that commercial chicken uses some kind of additive that makes the crust cling more durably to the meat. Despite that difference, I can't see myself ever buying any commercial chicken ever again.

Reactions: Dub

JHannah92

naildrvr

Opened up this day with 3 over easy, left over taters with a dob of pimiento cheese, and a few strips of Applewood smoked bacon. And of course topped off with habanero sea salt, black peppa, and Crystal hot sauce.IMG_20190205_073433733-600x800.jpg

Dub

Opened up this day with 3 over easy, left over taters with a dob of pimiento cheese, and a few strips of Applewood smoked bacon. And of course topped off with habanero sea salt, black peppa, and Crystal hot sauce.View attachment 958128

Man, that looks all kinds of good !!!

It's after noon and I've yet to eat today.

Wife and I will be running some errands in a few.....hoping there is a meal upcoming in this outing. I'm now leaning towards a place that serves breakfast foodz all day after seeing that plate.

You nailed it all....especially that bacon.

I've sucked at cooking bacon......figured out it wasn't always the archer but it was the arrow......the flimsy nonstick coated pan that I've used is poor on heat retention and evens. The cast iron works like a champ, but I don't currently have a skilled that is large enough to hold bacon strips. Next time I'm at Academy or Cabela's that will be remedied. (y)

naildrvr

Dub, cast iron is the cats meow when it comes to bacon. That was actually cooked in a cast iron dutch oven that I had left sitting on the stove. It wasn't big enough but it worked nonetheless :rockon: In fact, everything was cooked in it.

Dub

Dub, cast iron is the cats meow when it comes to bacon. That was actually cooked in a cast iron dutch oven that I had left sitting on the stove. It wasn't big enough but it worked nonetheless :rockon: In fact, everything was cooked in it.

10" cast iron skillet used for yesterday's breakfast cooking.

I was planning on doing Moink balls (Moo + Oink = frozen cooked meatballs from the store topped with bacon, rib rub and then later on some bbq sauce). This call for 1/4 slices of bacon.

So....I cut the bacon pack in 1/2 and used part for breakfast. Fit the skillet perfectly and then followed up with the sausage and eggs.

Breakfast burritos & breakfast eggrolls resulted. Bride preferred the burritos...I thought the eggrolls were the best.

The skillet worked like a champ as you said. Even heat...no hot spots. Gotta get a larger skillet so I an do the full length stuff. I don't think I'll go back with another Stargazer (they now have a 12"). The cooking surface is glass smooth.....but the handle hyoooge and gets in the way on the stove when there are other pans in use. I may just roll with another larger Lodge. Easy to find and they work well. Gonna kick it around some.

The frozen microwave steamer rice was awesome as a side. The edamame and peppers were delicious. Hearty stuff with some good protein & fiber.

This morning's breakfast finished off the last of the taco shells....thankfully. :rofl:

Lodge skillet again.....heated the shells with cheese in it as it was coming up to temp, then scrambled the eggs in the skillet with some olive oil, bacon bits, salt & pepper.

Habanero-Hot Rotel & grated queso cheese on top and it was on like Donkey Kong.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Made some southwestern omelets yesterday, with YHFP's homefries:

omelet4.jpg

This morning, YHFP made up sausage biscuits and jalapeenyer eggs:

biscuits2.jpg

sausage.jpg

breakfast3.jpg

naildrvr

Woke up hongry this morning, so I set out to cure the problem. Pancakes, homemade sausage, and fried sweet taters. Chased it with a good cup of 8o'clock coffee.IMG_20190216_093311891-600x800.jpgMy little buddy Jesse James enjoyed his pancakes and sweet taters!!
IMG_20190216_085834078-600x800.jpg

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Man, you starving me with those pancakes! My wife is gonna make some here eventually, but she done got locked into a (seemingly) 10-hour-long movie about the life and times of Ray Charles. :bounce:

Status
Not open for further replies.