Moonpie's breakfast Bistro..... What y'all having?

Status
Not open for further replies.

naildrvr

I've already had a pot of 8o'clock and a honeybun and made the 2 hour drive to Dublin

naildrvr

Dub, I may have to try that. I make ‘em up like that for burgers, never tried it for breakfast.

About to go check the catfish jugs here. Gonna fire up the blackstone at the shack when we get back in.
I'll be on the lookout for fried catfish in the Saturday suppa thread:rockon:

Dub

I've already had a pot of 8o'clock and a honeybun and made the 2 hour drive to Dublin

8 O'Clock beans were what I used this morning.

First cup :coffee: going down smoove and cutting through this dang congestion. (y)

I'll be on the lookout for fried catfish in the Saturday suppa thread:rockon:

I'm getting you are right on target, there. :)

Oyster Po'boys gonna be had here at some point.

Dub

Breakfuss fa-heaters here this morning.

Nothing too spicy....just onions & peppers with a shot of low sodium AP seasoning + herbs de Provence. Left a little crunch in peppers that came through when biting into the wheat tortillas.

Eggs had a good dose of queso cooked into them. My plate did get a couple shakes of Crystal goodness. :rockon:

Birdseye Steamer pack came in handy. Those things are excellent.

Breakfast took no time to actually make....as the onions were doing there thing while coffee was enjoyed.

I think we'll fight off starving until evening eats are made. :biggrin2:

GA1dad

Getting some breakfuss cooked up for the tribe this morning....stumbled into something that turned into a hyooge hit.....Vidalia goodness for the eggs.(y)

The kitchen was smelling purty dang good after the coffee was brewed and the stuff started sizzlin'. Interested parties were close underfoot.

The omelets were simply loaded with cheddar and then hit with the onions. The flavor was great. I'd shaken some Tajín seasoning on top of the onions already.

Should hold 'till this evening.

Man,,, I slept in this morning,,, haven't finished first cup of java yet. Now my stomach is screaming at me,,, shoulda never have opened this thread.

Reactions: Dub

Dub

Man,,, I slept in this morning,,, haven't finished first cup of java yet. Now my stomach is screaming at me,,, shoulda never have opened this thread.

:rofl:

I know that feeling.

Nice to sleep in and recover from the workweek.

Dang pollen is keeping me off the grill lately....though something is gonna have to be cooked outdoors soon.

Dub

Up early this morning....watched a great movie on Netflix.....Triple Frontier. Retired special ops guys reuniting for a final mission. Great plot. Solid cast.

Some of the scenes were visually amazing.....awesome scenery.

All the movie watching had me pushed on time....wife woke up and wanted some breakfuss.....and I was sorta ready for some myself.

Our oldest dog rode shotgun with me on a run for some b-e-c croissants & bagels.

GA1dad

Up early this morning....watched a great movie on Netflix.....Triple Frontier. Retired special ops guys reuniting for a final mission. Great plot. Solid cast.

Some of the scenes were visually amazing.....awesome scenery.

All the movie watching had me pushed on time....wife woke up and wanted some breakfuss.....and I was sorta ready for some myself.

Our oldest dog rode shotgun with me on a run for some b-e-c croissants & bagels.

I've been holding off, saving that movie for the right time,,, but it's on my list. The new Kevin Costner/Woody Harrelson movie "The Highwaymen" has my interest too. Well I got up early this morning and whipped up some omelets for the wife and I. They got the job done. Now gotta jump on some chores.

20190331_091051.jpg

blood on the ground

Cross threading is better than two lock washers.
I've been holding off, saving that movie for the right time,,, but it's on my list. The new Kevin Costner/Woody Harrelson movie "The Highwaymen" has my interest too. Well I got up early this morning and whipped up some omelets for the wife and I. They got the job done. Now gotta jump on some chores.

View attachment 964113
Cheesy goodness right there

Dub

Wife and I were watching something on television the other day and an iHop commercial came on. She commented about how good it looked. I agreed the omelets looked great....especially their Colorado version (pulled pork on it...why they name it that is beyond me). She said..."No...the pancakes are what look great".

"Yuck", I told her. Their "endless" pancakes advertisement is unappealing to me. Pancakes are okay....something I want once or twice a year.

Well...my lukewarm feelings on the grub notwithstanding this morning's breakfuss for the tribe was banana pancakes & little sausages.

I'll have to admit....the first couple bites were really good but couldn't finish my plate. The dogs are gonna love 'em.

The tribe was way more enthusiastic about them. Glad they liked them.

Last edited:

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Wife and I were watching something on television the other day and an iHop commercial came on. She commented about how good it looked. I agreed the omelets looked great....especially their Colorado version (pulled pork on it...why they name it that is beyond me). She said..."No...the pancakes are what look great".

"Yuck", I told her. Their "endless" pancakes advertisement is unappealing to me. Pancakes are okay....something I want once or twice a year.

Well...my lukewarm feelings on the grub notwithstanding this morning's breakfuss for the tribe was banana pancakes & little sausages.

I'll have to admit....the first couple bites were really good but couldn't finish my plate. The dogs are gonna love 'em.

The tribe was way more enthusiastic about them. Glad they liked them.

Never tried nanners in pancakes, but those look good!
This dog will hunt! Fried backstrap, eggs and biscuits..View attachment 964986View attachment 964987View attachment 964988
It just doesn't get any better than that, I don't think!

Wife is cooking right now, starving me to death.

blood on the ground

Cross threading is better than two lock washers.
Never tried nanners in pancakes, but those look good!

It just doesn't get any better than that, I don't think!

Wife is cooking right now, starving me to death.
I love it and fortunately my wife and daughter love it also.

P.s. ... You ain't starving?

Dub

Had a leisure morning off.

Wife received some significantly encouraging medical news yesterday afternoon that had us both extremely grateful and we both sleep wonderfully last night. ::;

Up this morning and enjoyed a glorious sunrise sipping coffee and playing with the dogs. Once I could hear her stirring around upstairs, I knew it was my que to fire up the skillets and get some breakfast ready.

She'd told me last night before nodding off that she'd had enough of the bran cereal and fruit for breakfasts and wanted "the stuff I normally made" :rofl:

So....cheddar biscuits (with a small bit of mayo), scrambled eggs with S&P-queso-cheddar and Tennessee Pride Hot (mine got a large dose of yellow mustard on top).

Simple, basic, huge flavors and not bran cereal. :rofl:

I wanted to hit the eggs with jalapeño & other goodness, but she's averse to anything more warm than a bell pepper right now. :banginghe

Dub

Bran cereal, fruit and protein shakes for breakfast on the next three mornings due to work.

Today, though....had fun cooking some morning eats for my hungry family. Sure is nice seeing them sleep in and have some relaxing time off from school, work, etc. Enjoyed my pre-dawn coffee and hanging out with the dogs.

Made a concession for the wife.....Jimmy Dean Sage was used this morning. It's okay...but zero heat.

Status
Not open for further replies.