Moonpie's breakfast Bistro..... What y'all having?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevinmw76

Your a over achiever!!!
Now, come to a woodys gathering with your Blackstone an make us all one of those!!!
You know I was wondering if you all ever did something like that! I'm down! Would love to get together and throw down on some amazing food ideas

Reactions: Dub

Dub

Chorizo sausage & hashbrowns 'n onions.

No pics of my favorite breakfast......burn toast with a fried egg over easy on top.

Patriot44

Banned
I live through you guys when it comes to breakfast. I love breakfast, always have...really takes me back to deer camp and eating with my dad. I could eat breakfast every single meal.

Unfortunately, my family doesn't have longevity in the bloodline, and I am trying to break the record. :bounce:

I can still stare at these threads all day long though until I get my cheat days.....makes them that much better. Keep them coming.

Dub

I live through you guys when it comes to breakfast. I love breakfast, always have...really takes me back to deer camp and eating with my dad. I could eat breakfast every single meal.

Unfortunately, my family doesn't have longevity in the bloodline, and I am trying to break the record. :bounce:

I can still stare at these threads all day long though until I get my cheat days.....makes them that much better. Keep them coming.

I hear ya.

Exactly why I try to eat more breakfasts like the one from this morning....no carbohydrates....just protein and fat.

Patriot44

Banned
I hear ya.

Exactly why I try to eat more breakfasts like the one from this morning....no carbohydrates....just protein and fat.

Cutting biscuits out of my life has been one of the hardest things I have ever done.....but when I do get my hands a couple cat heads, I am rurnt for the day :bounce:

Triple C

Ok, what's the recipe for those biscuits??

White Lily self rising flour.
Lard.
Buttermilk.
Dash of salt.
Black iron skillet.
Coat skillet including sides in generous amount of lard.

- Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
- Pour what I'm guessing to be about 1 1/2 to 2 cups of flour in a bowl.
- Dash of salt in flour.
- Scoop out about a half a handful of lard and work into the flour with fork and fingers until it's crumbly and almost wants to stick together. When you think you've got enough lard in the flour then add just a little more.
- Pour in enough buttermilk to make a sticky dough but not runny.
- In separate bowl, pour about 1/2 cup of flour.
- Take a fork or spoon and scoop out a small egg size chunk of dough and knead in the bowl of dry flour.
- Roll around between hands to form a biscuit ball. If it sticks to your hands then you should knead it more in the bowl of dry flour. Should be able to roll biscuits between hands without it sticking.
- Place ball in edge of skillet and press down to desired thickness with back of fingers.
- Should be able to place 6 biscuits around the edge which leaves enough room for the center biscuit making a total of 7.
- Bake for about 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and rub stick of butter on top of biscuits and around edge of skillet. Butter will run to bottom around the edge of skillet. Just enough butter to flavor if you like buttered biscuits.
- Turn skillet upside down on a plate and the biscuits should fall out on plate.

blood on the ground

Cross threading is better than two lock washers.
Put together a couple fried egg sammich's with some thin slices of ham....aka lunch meat:rofl:

Attachments

• IMAG1715.jpg
    IMAG1715.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 1,352
  • IMAG1716.jpg
    IMAG1716.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 1,346

blood on the ground

Not a big fan of turkey bacon... It was ok!

3 egg omelet with spinach, bell pepper and tomato. Turkey bacon, English muffin

Attachments

• IMAG1912.jpg
    IMAG1912.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 1,252

blood on the ground

Scrambled rooster bullets, home brew sausage and my version of cat heads

Attachments

• IMAG1941.jpg
    IMAG1941.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 1,175

blood on the ground

Cat heads with bacon and runny eggs

Attachments

• IMAG2120.jpg
    IMAG2120.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 1,067
  • IMAG2119.jpg
    IMAG2119.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 1,121

HuntinJake_23

Simple yet tasty

Got the cast iron skillet out this morning and cooked some bacon, scrambled eggs with cheese, and reheated some cheese with sausage grits. Sweet tea to go along with it!!

Attachments

• IMG_3868.jpg
    IMG_3868.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 1,105
Status
Not open for further replies.