Moonpie's breakfast Bistro..... What y'all having?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dub

Tennessee Pride Hot....is just that....hawt. Just the thing to wake me up this morning.

Nabbed a pair of them before son shows up and kills off the rest. :rofl:

A cheddar omelet and a rushed biscuit that would've benefited from an additional few minutes in the oven....but everything else was ready and I was in a hurry.

Longhorn 16

I need to get my fat butt out of bed earlier to keep up with y’all. This thread reminds me of my missed opportunity.

Reactions: Dub

Dub

Well......long shift at werk yessaday....too tired to eat dinner last night.

Slept like a log and woke up early today....got my coffee rolling and didn't take long to realize I was hongry.

Leftover chicken enchiladas were in the fridge. Not sure what goes into real deal huevos rancheros.......but I figured I'd make a fast rendition.....with nothing more than a pair of reheated enchiladas...cut in half and then each section topped with over easy rooster bullets and dosed up with some fire sauce.

It didn't look all that appealing....but it sure 'nuff ate good.

As luck would have it afterwards....ran across a proper huevos rancheros recipe on youtubes from Cowboy Kent Rollins. As soon as I can get my hands on some dry ancho chilis I'll be making a batch of that sauce and doing it up right.

Gonna enjoy the day off with the family today and consider something good for later on this evening.

Last edited:

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Well......long shift at werk yessaday....too tired to eat dinner last night.

Slept like a log and woke up early today....got my coffee rolling and didn't take long to realize I was hongry.

Leftover chicken enchiladas were in the fridge. Not sure what goes into real deal huevos rancheros.......but I figured I'd make a fast rendition.....with nothing more than a pair of reheated enchiladas...cut in half and then each section topped with over easy rooster bullets and dosed up with some fire sauce.

It didn't look all that appealing....but it sure 'nuff ate good.

As luck would have it afterwards....ran across a proper huevos rancheros recipe on youtubes from Cowboy Kent Rollins. As soon as I can get my hands on some dry ancho chilis I'll be making a batch of that sauce and doing it up right.

Gonna enjoy the day off with the family today and consider something good for later on this evening.
Man, that looks good!

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Fired up the Blackstone this morning and made some cherrywood bacon, Tennessee Pride, eggs, hash browns, and fried Texas toast.

breakfast3.jpg

GA1dad

Dub

Tuesday morning eats.

First day off and I intended to sleep way late.....woke up before 5:00am and had to get moving. :rofl:

Nursed a pot of coffee and then transitioned to breakfast making.

Tennessee Pride Hot & some biscuits.

Should be fit to eat so I can take my Authur-I-tis pill and get that WD-40 working in my joints. :rofl:

Dub

Up early.....enjoyed some coffee and caught up on the news.

Breakfast for the tribe this morning was some tasty smoked sausage, hash browns & a hyooge omelette with pepper jack, American and a couple different salsas in it.

Didn't take folks long to wake up once this stuff began cooking. Was really tasty.

Dub

Wile was ill as a snake last night for some reason.

Figured I'd see if I could at least get her day started off right this morning.

Got a skillet of proper onion gravy simmering.

Dosed it up nicely with course ground pepper and other spices.

Once it thickened up some, I dropped the leftover cubed steak from last night's dinner in there and let it heat up and get fit to eat.

As the steak 'n gravy simmered along.....got some biscuits readied up.

Got her a pair hooked up and delivered for a breakfast in bed. Wasn't sure how much she'd eat...so I made sure there was plenty + some extra onion gravy.

Was met with smiles and thank you's. Maybe today will be a better day. (y)

Now.....time to get my plate and take that Aurthur-I-Tis pill.

GA1dad

Wile was ill as a snake last night for some reason.

Figured I'd see if I could at least get her day started off right this morning.

Got a skillet of proper onion gravy simmering.

Dosed it up nicely with course ground pepper and other spices.

Once it thickened up some, I dropped the leftover cubed steak from last night's dinner in there and let it heat up and get fit to eat.

As the steak 'n gravy simmered along.....got some biscuits readied up.

Got her a pair hooked up and delivered for a breakfast in bed. Wasn't sure how much she'd eat...so I made sure there was plenty + some extra onion gravy.

Was met with smiles and thank you's. Maybe today will be a better day. (y)

Now.....time to get my plate and take that Aurthur-I-Tis pill.

Heck Yeah Brother!!!! That's some fine looking breakfast fare right there!!!!

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Southwestern omelet topped with maters, green onions and cilantro, hash browns and Texas toast. Pretty good.

breakfast6.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.