More Plague Avoidance

Looks great. Do you leave them to be found? I had not heard of the tradition, but my nieces found some painted rocks while we were waiting for a table at Longhorns. If anything positive comes from plague avoidance, I hope it's people nurturing their creativity. I have been whittling like a mad man myself.

Pig Predator

Useles Billy’s Fishel Hog Killer ?
Nice work! I found my first one on wolf creek a few weeks ago. I didn't know painting and hiding rocks in an easter egg hunt fashion was a thing. Whats the proper etiquette for something like that? Are we supposed to paint a rock and hide it close by to replace it or what?

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Looks great. Do you leave them to be found? I had not heard of the tradition, but my nieces found some painted rocks while we were waiting for a table at Longhorns. If anything positive comes from plague avoidance, I hope it's people nurturing their creativity. I have been whittling like a mad man myself.

I will leave some. Some are commissioned. These posted are commissioned.

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Nice work! I found my first one on wolf creek a few weeks ago. I didn't know painting and hiding rocks in an easter egg hunt fashion was a thing. Whats the proper etiquette for something like that? Are we supposed to paint a rock and hide it close by to replace it or what?

Yeah, it has been a thing for a while. If you find a painted rock you may keep it or place in a new location. Typically there is info on the back that will say which rock painting group it came from. Painters like to keep up with the rock and see where it goes. I find rocks and replace with one of mine then carry the found rock on trips and leave it. We carried some to Alaska 2 years ago. So if you find one, take a pic and post it to the Group's site and make a painter happy. There are dozens of groups on Facebook doing this. Even if you don't have a Facebook account you probably know someone that does that can post it for you.

Thanks y'all!!

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Nice work, David! I especially like the hummer.

Big7

The Oracle
My Granddaughters paint rocks and leave them to be found. They are still very young, 7 & 8. Before I spotted this thread, I thought their precious little minds were running wild.

Sounds like a cool thing to do. Similar to putting a note in a bottle and chunking it into a major river or the ocean.??

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Thanks y'all. Be glad when I can get out and travel like I want and leave rocks in distant places again.