More Salt Flies

Bigtimber

NICE

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
Those are looking very good Nic. I believe you done got those salt flies figured out.

Anvil Head

I could see trying to wear those out on a good day in skinny water. Great looking flys!

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Great looking flies! Especially after three fifths of Knob Creek and two fifths of Scotch. :bounce:

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Great looking flies! Especially after three fifths of Knob Creek and two fifths of Scotch. :bounce:

I need to concentrate on learning to tie an Adams now. I think that`s the name?

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
When I went from salt water and bass flies to mountain trout flies, I really struggled with the size difference and getting the proportions correct. I’m still not where I need to be

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I need to concentrate on learning to tie an Adams now. I think that`s the name?
Great all-around fly. The female Adams is even better (standard Adams with a pale yellow "egg case" right in front of the tail.) The parachute versions work well, too.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
What's the name of that yaller-eyed shrimpy looking pattern in front? I bet smallmouth bass and brown trout would eat that, too.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
What's the name of that yaller-eyed shrimpy looking pattern in front? I bet smallmouth bass and brown trout would eat that, too.

It doesn`t have a name that I know of. The tail on the left one is barred feather, and the right one has pseudo-hair that I barred with a Magic Marker.

GLS

Classic Southern Gentleman
Tying in the grizzly wings on the Adams is the trickiest part of the tie. I agree with NC about the parachute version. Not only is it easier to tie than the original, no hackle tips to tie in as wings; it's deadly. Gil

redneck_billcollector

Purveyor Of Fine Spirits
Old post I know, but have you tried them yet? Gonna have my skiff in Wakulla Co. weekend after next if you can talk yourself down out of a tree.

Latest posts