Morning Lanier Jig Fishing w/pics

Scout'nStripers

The crankbait bite has slowed down over the past few days so I've had to put the jig on them in a little deeper water. Surface temps were in the low 60's when we launched this morning. Water level is less than a foot below full pool and there's a little stain in the backs of the south end creeks and getting pretty clear out towards the main lake.
Here's a couple pics from some nice jig fish this morning.

Attachments

• jig fish - Copy.jpg
    jig fish - Copy.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 1,117
  • jig fish2 - Copy.jpg
    jig fish2 - Copy.jpg
    151.2 KB · Views: 1,107

Cletus T.

Those are some footballs man.......nice and chunky.....just how I like them!

Congrats on the catches

Scout'nStripers

Those are some footballs man.......nice and chunky.....just how I like them!

Congrats on the catches
Thanks Cletus. I appreciate the kind words.:cheers:

I think it should be noted that there is a baitcaster in my hand and I can use a baitcaster. Last week I had a little problem with my hook sets using spinning tackle and light gear with jigs. I went to Hammonds and they put together a Diawa Aird X casting rod and Shimano Casitas reel with 15lb Seagar flouro to use with my jigs. The jig I've been using is a SpotSticker 3/8 ounce green casting jig with a Tightlines Whiskers Texas red craw. When the wind has been calm and the cranks aren't working, the jig combo has been working great. These were the first 2 fish on the rig and jig and it worked great!

Scout'nStripers

Thanks fellas. I appreciate the kind words. This warmer weather has them pretty active this week so far. Yesterday was nothing but little males busting the surface on points and in the backs of pockets. A shad colored Jerkbait and the fhs did the trick on the ones coming to the surface yesterday morning.