Morning walk in the swamp

Kaisrus6

Walking carefully through some head high river cane on a local WMA, and I stop to listen because I thought I heard grunting. I was right and now the river cane starts to part and a black shape takes form. The pig is less then 15 yards but walking behind a blowdown and all I can see is the top of her back. Then she slides under the tree and walks broadside to me at about 12 yards. The river cane is fairly thick and I’m not sure I can get an arrow through it! She stops and I figured I’d give it a shot. The arrow hits her high in the shoulder and spine and she goes down and a ruckus of squealing, growling and thrashing ensues. She tries to get up and coming towards me while making an unbelievable amount of noise but is tangled in vines as I frantically knock another arrow. She settles for a brief second showing me her chest and I slipped another Bear razor tipped arrow into her chest and all settles down except the beating in my chest!
Good morning in the swamp!!18B16EDC-E5C4-4B76-9172-1204FF55B56D.jpeg

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
That beating in the chest at that moment is awesome. Nothing like it.

Al33

That was exciting just reading it! lol Way to get-r-done!!! Looks like we need a 2021 kill thread now. :)

Last edited:

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
Even partly true can make a good story. True is special.

little rascal

Great story! Congrats!
Was there and underwear change to follow soon after things settled? I carry extra clothing, cause you never know!

Kaisrus6

Great story! Congrats!
Was there and underwear change to follow soon after things settled? I carry extra clothing, cause you never know!

No sir no change required, however, there was a severe puckering that produced an abundance of cotton where it shouldn’t have been!