Mossberg 500 Magazine Tube

Allied

Does anyone here know where one can get a die that will cut the correct magazine tube threads on a Mossberg 500?

I am using a 20" magazine tube to add one shell to the capacity and to make the barrel and mag the same length. Like this oneScreenshot_20220213-144734_YouTube.jpg

Thanks

earlthegoat2

Hmmm.

Square cut threads which are relatively rare in general and add to that is is in an uncommon thread size.

Not the answer you are looking for but one word comes to mind.

Lathe

And a machinist to operate it.

oldfatbubba

I have a related question about removing the magazine tube from my Mossberg’s receiver. It’s super stuck, probably due to the factory camo dip. I’ve avoided heating it up for fear of destroying the camo pattern. Any thoughts?

earlthegoat2

I have a related question about removing the magazine tube from my Mossberg’s receiver. It’s super stuck, probably due to the factory camo dip. I’ve avoided heating it up for fear of destroying the camo pattern. Any thoughts?

You need to heat it up. A hair dryer might do it but a hot air gun will be better. Avoid a flame if you can to save the finish.

You also need a good method of holding the Mag tube without crushing it. A wrench like an action wrench would be perfect but a strap wrench could also work.