Most reliable overseas site to order Baitcaster

BlackKnight755

Does anyone have any experience ordering Bait casting reels from out of country? I am looking at a couple reels that are not offered in the USA and I don't want to get ripped off by ordering from a company that doesn't have good feedback. Any help and or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

** I am looking at a DAIWA SALAMANDURA SV TW 103XH and probably the 150XH same series **

BlackKnight755

You know it's a tatula with red paint right?
Yeah but I don't have one... ;) I DO have a Tatula and I really like it so I am looking for a red one. Also might try a Shimano if something catches my eye. All Lew's and the one Daiwa so I need to break up the string with something different.

Jdmb123

I like my Shimanos and have often wondered about ordering from Japan. There’s some bbc threads about it as well. Hard to take that first plunge with scams so common.

doomtrpr_z71

Now is the time to order from Japan with the yen weak vs the dollar, I paid less for my zillion hd than a usdm zillion g. My hlc steez a was less than 300 bucks from plat. The neat thing is if you order from Japan and it comes FedEx it will beat something ordered domestically by 2 days.

doomtrpr_z71

are those sites ones that you’ve personally used @doomtrpr_z71 ?
Yes sir, I ordered some stuff from plat this week, I've used them, ichiban, digitaka, and japan tackle, and I've used Alibaba only to buy rays studio parts direct. I've also used eBay for a few select shops that don't do their own websites. Amazon.jp is good too but they tend to be slow shipping to get here.

JDM Tackelheavan is another good site. I've used all of the mentioned and others. If they take paypal which is how I place ALL my overseas orders there is no worry. As mentioned because of the yen to dollar exchange right now it's a great time to order. Scott

doomtrpr_z71

My only issue with PayPal is the hidden fee they charge even if you pay with a credit card through PayPal for currency conversion.