Motion Detection Flood Light

sleepr71

I’d color the lenses RED,with a red sharpie( to tone down the brightness). White light usually makes Coyotes Run for cover. I assume you are doing this at your home,or over a carcass/bait pile??

deathwish

I’d color the lenses RED,with a red sharpie( to tone down the brightness). White light usually makes Coyotes Run for cover. I assume you are doing this at your home,or over a carcass/bait pile??
Yes, at home in a pasture where I don't have electrical power. I am planning on setting up a bait pile with a solar powered motion detection light. So your saying a red light will give you time for a shot.

Pig Predator

Useles Billy’s Fishel Hog Killer ?
Coyotes don't spook as easy with red. If I were going to do like your talking, I would set up red solar powered LED on photocell or timer instead of motion so the light stays on the bait all night. I think the motion trigger, even if its red would spook them. They may come back if the light stays on long enough, they may not care. They'll probably spend more time educating themselves with a motion trigger I think....but that is me thinking... One thing I do know though is that a thermal sight and good wind will take care of them. Good luck!

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
I have one set up on a feeder for hogs and after a year I see all kinds of game around it , even coyotes , but it did take a while for them to get use to it !

sleepr71

Coyotes seem to spook with ANY light being put on them. Red spooks them the least/slowest. A constant red light,shined from way above..will probably spook them the least. I’ve heard that Blue also works well..but haven’t tried it. 20+ years of predator calling...before NV/Thermals became popular?